Product nameAnti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - BSA and Azide free
See all Myc tag primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [9E10] to Myc tag - BSA and Azide free
This antibody is specific for Myc tagged proteins. The Myc tag epitope (EQKLISEEDL) is located at the dimerization site of c-myc and therefore this antibody does not perform well at recognizing endogenous c-myc. A publication by Baker AM et al. 2016 (PubMed ID: 26826706 DOI: 10.1111/his.12939) shows the IHC staining generated by the 9E10 clone does not correlate with c-myc mRNA expression.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, ICC, Flow Cyt, WB, IP, ELISA, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, Purificationmore details
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Myc tag aa 400-500 (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
Epitopeaa 410-419 of human Myc.
- Myc tagged proteins and myc tag expressing cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (DyLight® 650) (ab117487)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (DyLight® 488) (ab117499)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (DyLight® 550) (ab117511)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (FITC) (ab117599)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - C-terminal (Biotin) (ab197139)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab202008)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab206486)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab223894)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab223895)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Allophycocyanin) (ab223896)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - ChIP Grade (ab32)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (HRP) (ab62928)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Phycoerythrin) (ab72468)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (SureLight® Allophycocyanin) (ab72580)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Biotin) (ab81658)
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab264603 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000.|
|IP||Use at 6 µg/mg of lysate.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500.|
|IHC-Fr||1/1000. See Abreviews.|
|Purification||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceEpitope tags are short peptide sequences that are easily recognized by tag-specific antibodies. Due to their small size, epitope tags do not affect the tagged protein’s biochemical properties. Most often sequences encoding the epitope tag are included with target DNA at the time of cloning to produce fusion proteins containing the epitope tag sequence. This allows anti-epitope tag antibodies to serve as universal detection reagents for any tag containing protein produced by recombinant means. This means that anti-epitope tag antibodies are a useful alternative to generating specific antibodies to identify, immunoprecipitate or immunoaffinity purify a recombinant protein. The anti-epitope tag antibody is usually functional in a variety of antibody-dependent experimental procedures. Expression vectors producing epitope tag fusion proteins are available for a variety of host expression systems including bacteria, yeast, insect and mammalian cells.
- c-myc tag antibody
- Myc Epitope Tag antibody
Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - ChIP Grade (ab32) at 1 µg/ml +
E. coli Positive Control (Escherichia coli ) Whole Cell Lysate (ab5395) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 45 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 1 minute
This data was developed using the same antibody clone in a different buffer formulation containing PBS, Azide and Arginine (ab32).
Lysate from E. coli recombinantly expressing 11 commonly used tags including myc tag.
ab264603 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.