Product nameAnti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - ChIP Grade
See all Myc tag primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [9E10] to Myc tag - ChIP Grade
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for Myc tagged proteins. The Myc tag epitope (EQKLISEEDL) is located at the dimerization site of c-myc and therefore this antibody does not perform well at recognizing endogenous c-myc. A publication by Baker AM et al. 2016 (PubMed ID: 26826706 DOI: 10.1111/his.12939) shows the IHC staining generated by the 9E10 clone does not correlate with c-myc mRNA expression.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, ICC, ChIP, IHC (Methanol fixed), Flow Cyt, WB, IP, ELISA, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, Purificationmore details
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Myc tag aa 400-500 (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
Epitopeaa 410-419 of human Myc.
- Myc tagged proteins and myc tag expressing cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 6.97% L-Arginine
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Domain Families
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (DyLight® 650) (ab117487)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (DyLight® 488) (ab117499)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (DyLight® 550) (ab117511)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (FITC) (ab117599)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - C-terminal (Biotin) (ab197139)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab202008)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (ab206486)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Alexa Fluor® 594) (ab223894)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab223895)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Allophycocyanin) (ab223896)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (HRP) (ab62928)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Phycoerythrin) (ab72468)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (SureLight® Allophycocyanin) (ab72580)
- Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] (Biotin) (ab81658)
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC (Methanol fixed)||1/200. PubMed: 17329357|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000.|
|IP||Use at 6 µg/mg of lysate.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500.|
|IHC-Fr||1/1000. See Abreviews.|
|Purification||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceEpitope tags are short peptide sequences that are easily recognized by tag-specific antibodies. Due to their small size, epitope tags do not affect the tagged protein’s biochemical properties. Most often sequences encoding the epitope tag are included with target DNA at the time of cloning to produce fusion proteins containing the epitope tag sequence. This allows anti-epitope tag antibodies to serve as universal detection reagents for any tag containing protein produced by recombinant means. This means that anti-epitope tag antibodies are a useful alternative to generating specific antibodies to identify, immunoprecipitate or immunoaffinity purify a recombinant protein. The anti-epitope tag antibody is usually functional in a variety of antibody-dependent experimental procedures. Expression vectors producing epitope tag fusion proteins are available for a variety of host expression systems including bacteria, yeast, insect and mammalian cells.
- c-myc tag antibody
- Myc Epitope Tag antibody
Anti-Myc tag antibody [9E10] - ChIP Grade (ab32) at 1 µg/ml +
E. coli Positive Control (Escherichia coli ) Whole Cell Lysate (ab5395) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Mouse IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 41 kDa
Observed band size: 45 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 1 minute
Lysate from E. coli recombinantly expressing 11 commonly used tags including myc tag.
Ab32 staining a Myc tagged protein in HeLa cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence). Endogenous c-myc was not detected under these conditions. Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.5% Triton and blocked with 5% Serum for 30 minutes at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/1000 in 5% Serum) for 1 hour at 25°C. An Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated Goat anti-Mouse was used as a secondary antibody.
Phosphorylation of Cdc15 changes during the cell cycle. Exponentially growing cells (cyc) of CDC15-MYC9 (W1114) were arrested in G1 with a factor pheromone and released into fresh medium at 25°C. Cells were harvested at the indicated times, the percentage of divided nuclei was determined by DAPI staining of fixed cells, and proteins were analyzed by western blotting with 9E10 (ab32).
This product has been referenced in:
- Feng S et al. Tripartite motif-containing 14 (TRIM14) promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition via ZEB2 in glioblastoma cells. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:57 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30728039) »
- Crerar H et al. Regulation of NGF Signaling by an Axonal Untranslated mRNA. Neuron 102:553-563.e8 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30853298) »