Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to Myc tag (HRP)
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, ICC
- Conjugation: HRP
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 1.19% HEPES, 0.58% Sodium chloride, 0.2% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAntibodies were affinitypurified using the peptide immobilized on solid support. Antibody concentration was determined by extinction coefficient: absorbance at280 nm of 1.4 equals 1.0 mg of IgG.
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Highest Sensitivity) (ab171522)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (High Sensitivity) (ab171523)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Fast Kinetic Rate) (ab171524)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slow Kinetic Rate) (ab171525)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slower Kinetic Rate) (ab171526)
- TMB ELISA Substrate (Slowest Kinetic Rate) (ab171527)
- 450 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171529)
- 650 nm Stop Solution for TMB Substrate (ab171531)
- Immunoassay Blocking Buffer (ab171534)
- Immunoassay Blocking (BSA Free) (ab171535)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1261 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||1/10000 - 1/100000.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/30000. Can be blocked with Human c-Myc peptide (ab13837).|
|ICC||1/200 - 1/500.|
RelevanceEpitope tags are short peptide sequences that are easily recognized by tag-specific antibodies. Due to their small size, epitope tags do not affect the tagged protein’s biochemical properties. Most often sequences encoding the epitope tag are included with target DNA at the time of cloning to produce fusion proteins containing the epitope tag sequence. This allows anti-epitope tag antibodies to serve as universal detection reagents for any tag containing protein produced by recombinant means. This means that anti-epitope tag antibodies are a useful alternative to generating specific antibodies to identify, immunoprecipitate or immunoaffinity purify a recombinant protein. The anti-epitope tag antibody is usually functional in a variety of antibody-dependent experimental procedures. Expression vectors producing epitope tag fusion proteins are available for a variety of host expression systems including bacteria, yeast, insect and mammalian cells.
- c-myc tag antibody
- Myc Epitope Tag antibody
ab1261 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhao Q et al. Rational library design by functional CDR resampling. N Biotechnol 45:89-97 (2018). PubMed: 29242049
- Neira-Peña T et al. Perinatal asphyxia leads to PARP-1 overactivity, p65 translocation, IL-1ß and TNF-a overexpression, and apoptotic-like cell death in mesencephalon of neonatal rats: prevention by systemic neonatal nicotinamide administration. Neurotox Res 27:453-65 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25835215
- Iorio-Morin C et al. Thromboxane A2 modulates cisplatin-induced apoptosis through a Siva1-dependent mechanism. Cell Death Differ 19:1347-57 (2012). PubMed: 22343716
- Aavikko M et al. Loss of SUFU function in familial multiple meningioma. Am J Hum Genet 91:520-6 (2012). PubMed: 22958902
- Zhang-James Y et al. SLC9A9 mutations, gene expression, and protein-protein interactions in rat models of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 156B:835-43 (2011). PubMed: 21858920
- Cartier A et al. WDR36 acts as a scaffold protein tethering a G-protein-coupled receptor, Gaq and phospholipase Cß in a signalling complex. J Cell Sci 124:3292-304 (2011). WB . PubMed: 21940795
- Millar DS et al. Characterisation of a functional intronic polymorphism in the human growth hormone (GH1) gene. Hum Genomics 4:289-301 (2010). PubMed: 20650818