Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Mycobacterium tuberculosis Ag85B
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, ELISA
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Mycobacterium tuberculosis Ag85B antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Mycobacterium tuberculosis Ag85B
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for the Ag85B protein in sera, plasma or cell culture supernatant.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Other species
Recombinant full length protein (Mycobacterium tuberculosis)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: 0.05% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab43019 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/3000 - 1/8000. Predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa.|
|ELISA||1/5000 - 1/10000.|
RelevanceAntigen 85B is the most abundant protein expressed by Mycobacterium tuberculosis (about one quarter). It is a myocolyc transferase in the myc pathway and catalyses - like Ag85A and Ag85C - the transfer of the fatty acid mycolate from one trehalose monomycolate to another, resulting in trehalose dimycolate and free trehalose and helping build the cell wall.
- 30 kDa extracellular protein antibody
- Antigen 85 complex B antibody
- Mycobacterium antibody
- Mycolyl transferase 85B antibody
All lanes : Anti-Mycobacterium tuberculosis Ag85B antibody (ab43019) at 1/5000 dilution
All lanes : E coli, expressing his-tagged Ag85b
Lane 1 : HRP conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG
Lane 2 : HRP conjugated goat anti-rat IgG
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
Observed band size: 34 kDa
Additional bands at: 28 kDa (possible non-specific binding), 28 kDa (possible degradation product)
ab17976 staining Mycobacterium tuberculosis Ag85B in Human lung tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with formaldehyde. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100 in antibody diluent) for 1 hour at 25°C. A HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal was used as the secondary antibody.
ab43019 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Smith DR et al. Persistent Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus infection in the testes and within granulomas of non-human primates with latent tuberculosis. PLoS Pathog 15:e1008050 (2019). PubMed: 31557262
- Yang Y et al. Utilization of Staphylococcal Immune Evasion Protein Sbi as a Novel Vaccine Adjuvant. Front Immunol 9:3139 (2018). PubMed: 30687332
- Cerqueira-Rodrigues B et al. Ag85-focused T-cell immune response controls Mycobacterium avium chronic infection. PLoS One 13:e0193596 (2018). IHC . PubMed: 29499041
- Lai LY et al. Role of the Mycobacterium marinum ESX-1 Secretion System in Sliding Motility and Biofilm Formation. Front Microbiol 9:1160 (2018). PubMed: 29899738
- Lou Y et al. EspC forms a filamentous structure in the cell envelope of Mycobacterium tuberculosis and impacts ESX-1 secretion. Mol Microbiol 103:26-38 (2017). PubMed: 27859904