Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MyD88
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-MyD88 antibody
See all MyD88 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to MyD88
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- WB: HEK293, HT29, K562, HepG2, A549 and Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899). ICC/IF: Jurkat and K562 cells.
General notesMyD88 is a general adapter protein for the Toll/IL-1R family of receptors and plays an important role in the inflammatory response induced by cytokines IL-1 and IL-18 and endotoxin. MyD88 gene is expressed in many tissues.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2064 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
FunctionAdapter protein involved in the Toll-like receptor and IL-1 receptor signaling pathway in the innate immune response. Acts via IRAK1, IRAK2, IRF7 and TRAF6, leading to NF-kappa-B activation, cytokine secretion and the inflammatory response. Increases IL-8 transcription. Involved in IL-18-mediated signaling pathway.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MYD88 are the cause of MYD88 deficiency (MYD88D) [MIM:612260]; also known as recurrent pyogenic bacterial infections due to MYD88 deficiency. Patients suffer from autosomal recessive, life-threatening, often recurrent pyogenic bacterial infections, including invasive pneumococcal disease, and die between 1 and 11 months of age. Surviving patients are otherwise healthy, with normal resistance to other microbes, and their clinical status improved with age.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 death domain.
Contains 1 TIR domain.
DomainThe intermediate domain (ID) is required for the phosphorylation and activation of IRAK.
- Information by UniProt
- Mutant myeloid differentiation primary response 88 antibody
- MYD 88 antibody
- Myd88 antibody
All lanes : Anti-MyD88 antibody (ab2064) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HEK293 cell lysate
Lane 2 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 3 : K562 cell lysate
Lane 4 : HT29 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-rabbit IgG HRP conjugate at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of 4% paraformaldehyde fixed Jurkat cells labeling MyD88 with ab2064 at 20 μg/mL, followed by goat anti-rabbit IgG secondary antibody at 1/500 dilution (green) and DAPI staining (blue).
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of 4% paraformaldehyde fixed K562 cells labeling MyD88 with ab2064 at 20 μg/mL, followed by goat anti-rabbit IgG secondary antibody at 1/500 dilution (green) and DAPI staining (blue).
All lanes : Anti-MyD88 antibody (ab2064) at 1 µg/ml
Lanes 1-2 : Wild type MEFs whole cell lysate
Lanes 3-4 : MyD88 knockout MEFs whole cell lysate
All lanes : HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
Observed band size: 33 kDa
Exposure time: 15 seconds
ab2064 has been referenced in 78 publications.
- Che Y et al. Resveratrol prevents liver damage in MCD-induced steatohepatitis mice by promoting SIGIRR gene transcription. J Nutr Biochem 82:108400 (2020). PubMed: 32438122
- Chen FX et al. Inflammation-dependent downregulation of miR-532-3p mediates apoptotic signaling in human sarcopenia through targeting BAK1. Int J Biol Sci 16:1481-1494 (2020). PubMed: 32226296
- Yang BY et al. Datura Metel L. Ameliorates Imiquimod-Induced Psoriasis-Like Dermatitis and Inhibits Inflammatory Cytokines Production through TLR7/8-MyD88-NF-?B-NLRP3 Inflammasome Pathway. Molecules 24:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31181689
- Zhang X et al. Caprylic acid suppresses inflammation via TLR4/NF-?B signaling and improves atherosclerosis in ApoE-deficient mice. Nutr Metab (Lond) 16:40 (2019). PubMed: 31182969
- Chen KH et al. Combined Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Low-Energy Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy Protect the Brain From Brain Death-Induced Injury in Rat. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 78:65-77 (2019). PubMed: 30481326