Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-FoFr, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein antibody
See all Myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-FoFr, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Cow, Human, Common marmoset
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat Myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein aa 200 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32760 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 27 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 27 kDa).|
|IHC-FoFr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionMediates homophilic cell-cell adhesion (By similarity). Minor component of the myelin sheath. May be involved in completion and/or maintenance of the myelin sheath and in cell-cell communication.
Tissue specificityFound exclusively in the CNS, where it is localized on the surface of myelin and oligodendrocyte cytoplasmic membranes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. BTN/MOG family.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- BTN6 antibody
- BTNL11 antibody
- MGC26137 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein antibody (ab32760) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Mouse Brain Whole Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : Rat Brain Whole Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : IR Dye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/15000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 27 kDa
Observed band size: 27 kDa
Ab32760 used on Mouse Cortex and Hippocampus in free floating sections using direct fluorescence. The tissues were fixed (animals perfused fixed) with 4% PFA and later postfixed overnight in the same fixative. They were cryoprotected in 30% sucrose and cut using a cryostat.
Myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Mouse Brain tissue lysate, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal to Myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Mouse Brain tissue lysate lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab32760.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 27kDa: Myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein
ab32760 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Wang CY et al. BRCA1/BRCA2-containing complex subunit 3 controls oligodendrocyte differentiation by dynamically regulating lysine 63-linked ubiquitination. Glia 67:1775-1792 (2019). PubMed: 31184779
- Li H et al. Gene suppressing therapy for Pelizaeus-Merzbacher disease using artificial microRNA. JCI Insight 4:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31092737
- Yoshihara T et al. Lactosylceramide synthases encoded by B4galt5 and 6 genes are pivotal for neuronal generation and myelin formation in mice. PLoS Genet 14:e1007545 (2018). PubMed: 30114188
- Wang CY et al. Function of B-Cell CLL/Lymphoma 11B in Glial Progenitor Proliferation and Oligodendrocyte Maturation. Front Mol Neurosci 11:4 (2018). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 29416501
- Beckmann N et al. Brain region-specific enhancement of remyelination and prevention of demyelination by the CSF1R kinase inhibitor BLZ945. Acta Neuropathol Commun 6:9 (2018). PubMed: 29448957