Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [2C7] to Myeloperoxidase
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ELISA, WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Myeloperoxidase antibody [2C7]
See all Myeloperoxidase primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2C7] to Myeloperoxidase
Specificityab25989 recognises myeloperoxidase (MPO).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ELISA, WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human Myeloperoxidase.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25989 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20818377|
|IHC-Fr||1/1000 - 1/5000.|
|IHC-P||1/500 - 1/1000.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Use under non reducing condition. Predicted molecular weight: 84 kDa.|
|Flow Cyt||1/20 - 1/100.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionPart of the host defense system of polymorphonuclear leukocytes. It is responsible for microbicidal activity against a wide range of organisms. In the stimulated PMN, MPO catalyzes the production of hypohalous acids, primarily hypochlorous acid in physiologic situations, and other toxic intermediates that greatly enhance PMN microbicidal activity.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MPO are the cause of myeloperoxidase deficiency (MPD) [MIM:254600]. MPD is an autosomal recessive defect that results in disseminated candidiasis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peroxidase family. XPO subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- 84 kDa myeloperoxidase antibody
- 89 kDa myeloperoxidase antibody
- EC 126.96.36.199 antibody
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab25989 (red line). The cells were fixed with methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab25989, 1/20 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a decreased signal in HeLa cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized in 0.1% PBS-Tween used under the same conditions.
ab25989 has been referenced in 52 publications.
- Hamam HJ et al. Histone Acetylation Promotes Neutrophil Extracellular Trap Formation. Biomolecules 9:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30669408
- Neubert E et al. Serum and Serum Albumin Inhibit in vitro Formation of Neutrophil Extracellular Traps (NETs). Front Immunol 10:12 (2019). PubMed: 30733715
- Hao J et al. Macrophage migration inhibitory factor is involved in antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-mediated activation of C5a-primed neutrophils. BMC Immunol 20:22 (2019). PubMed: 31248381
- Wen L et al. Cooperation Between the Inflammation and Coagulation Systems Promotes the Survival of Circulating Tumor Cells in Renal Cell Carcinoma Patients. Front Oncol 9:504 (2019). PubMed: 31263677
- Withatanung P et al. Quantitative Proteomics Reveals Differences in the Response of Neutrophils Isolated from Healthy or Diabetic Subjects to Infection with Capsule-Variant Burkholderia thailandensis. J Proteome Res 18:2848-2858 (2019). PubMed: 31244210