Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [8F4] to Myeloperoxidase
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Myeloperoxidase antibody [8F4]
See all Myeloperoxidase primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [8F4] to Myeloperoxidase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Purified mouse Myeloperoxidase from WEHI-3 cells.
- Neutrophils isolated from digested infarcts
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at +4°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Purification notes0.2 µm filtered
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab16886 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionPart of the host defense system of polymorphonuclear leukocytes. It is responsible for microbicidal activity against a wide range of organisms. In the stimulated PMN, MPO catalyzes the production of hypohalous acids, primarily hypochlorous acid in physiologic situations, and other toxic intermediates that greatly enhance PMN microbicidal activity.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MPO are the cause of myeloperoxidase deficiency (MPD) [MIM:254600]. MPD is an autosomal recessive defect that results in disseminated candidiasis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peroxidase family. XPO subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- 84 kDa myeloperoxidase antibody
- 89 kDa myeloperoxidase antibody
- EC 220.127.116.11 antibody
ab16886 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Roth Flach RJ et al. Myeloperoxidase inhibition in mice alters atherosclerotic lesion composition. PLoS One 14:e0214150 (2019). PubMed: 30889221
- Chu TH et al. Hepatoma-derived growth factor participates in Helicobacter Pylori-induced neutrophils recruitment, gastritis and gastric carcinogenesis. Oncogene 38:6461-6477 (2019). PubMed: 31332288
- Lu SM et al. HIV-1 Tat-Induced Microgliosis and Synaptic Damage via Interactions between Peripheral and Central Myeloid Cells. PLoS One 6:e23915 (2011). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 21912650
- Salguero Palacios R et al. Activation of hepatic stellate cells is associated with cytokine expression in thioacetamide-induced hepatic fibrosis in mice. Lab Invest 88:1192-203 (2008). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 18794850