Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [7D2] to Myoferlin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Myoferlin antibody [7D2]
See all Myoferlin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [7D2] to Myoferlin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Myoferlin (N terminal).
Database link: Q9NZM1
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituents: 1.21% Tris, 0.75% Glycine, 2% Sucrose
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76746 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionCalcium/phospholipid-binding protein that plays a role in the plasmalemma repair mechanism of endothelial cells that permits rapid resealing of membranes disrupted by mechanical stress. Involved in endocytic recycling. Implicated in VEGF signal transduction by regulating the levels of the receptor KDR.
Tissue specificityExpressed in myoblast and endothelial cells (at protein level). Highly expressed in cardiac and skeletal muscles. Also present in lung, and at very low levels in kidney, placenta and brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ferlin family.
Contains 5 C2 domains.
DomainThe C2 domain 1 associates with lipid membranes in a calcium-dependent manner.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Nucleus membrane. Cytoplasmic vesicle membrane. Concentrated at the membrane sites of both myoblast-myoblast and myoblast-myotube fusions. Detected at the plasmalemma in endothelial cells lining intact blood vessels (By similarity). Found at nuclear and plasma membranes. Enriched in undifferentiated myoblasts near the plasma membrane in puncate structures.
- Information by UniProt
- Fer 1 like 3, myoferlin (C. elegans) antibody
- Fer 1 like family member 3 antibody
- Fer 1 like protein 3 antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of Human airway tissue, staining Myoferlin with ab76746 at 1/500 dilution. Non-specific binding was blocked with 10% horse serum and slides were incubated overnight with primary antibody. Staining was detected with DAB.
ICC/IF image of ab76746 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab76746, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96879, DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab76746 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab76746, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab76746 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Kiselev A et al. Truncating Variant in Myof Gene Is Associated With Limb-Girdle Type Muscular Dystrophy and Cardiomyopathy. Front Genet 10:608 (2019). PubMed: 31297131
- An HJ et al. Myoferlin silencing inhibits VEGFR2-mediated proliferation of metastatic clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Sci Rep 9:12656 (2019). PubMed: 31477752
- Song DH et al. Prognostic role of myoferlin expression in patients with clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Oncotarget 8:89033-89039 (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 29179496
- Piper AK et al. Enzymatic cleavage of myoferlin releases a dual C2-domain module linked to ERK signalling. Cell Signal 33:30-40 (2017). PubMed: 28192161
- Song DH et al. Myoferlin expression in non-small cell lung cancer: Prognostic role and correlation with VEGFR-2 expression. Oncol Lett 11:998-1006 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 26893682
- Lund TC et al. sdf1 Expression reveals a source of perivascular-derived mesenchymal stem cells in zebrafish. Stem Cells 32:2767-79 (2014). Flow Cyt ; Zebrafish . PubMed: 24905975
- Leung C et al. Expression of myoferlin in human airway epithelium and its role in cell adhesion and zonula occludens-1 expression. PLoS One 7:e40478 (2012). IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 22808170