Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4789] to Myogenin
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Myogenin antibody [EPR4789]
See all Myogenin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4789] to Myogenin
SpecificityThe mouse and rat recommendation is based on the WB results. We do not guarantee IHC-P for mouse and rat. This antibody has low affinity on skeletal muscle samples in WB. Please increase protein or antibody amount to get satisfied results.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Myogenin. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: C2C12 and Human fetal muscle lysates; IHC-P: Human rhabdomyosarcoma tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124800 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/200. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).
For unpurified use at 1/1000.00000 - 1/10000.00000
This antibody has low affinity on skeletal muscle samples in WB. Please increase protein or antibody amount to get satisfied results.
|IHC-P||1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
For unpurified use at 1/100.00000 - 1/250.00000
The mouse and rat recommendation is based on the WB results. We do not guarantee IHC-P for mouse and rat.
FunctionInvolved in muscle differentiation (myogenic factor). Induces fibroblasts to differentiate into myoblasts. Probable sequence specific DNA-binding protein.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- bHLHc3 antibody
- cb553 antibody
- Class C basic helix-loop-helix protein 3 antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of Human rhabdomyosarcoma tissue sections labeling Myogenin with Purified ab124800 at 1:500 dilution (1.08 µg/ml). Heat mediated antigen retrieval was performed using using ab93684 (Tris/EDTA buffer, pH 9.0)ImmunoHistoProbe one step HRP Polymer (ready to use)was used as the secondary antibody.Negative control:PBS instead of the primary antibody.Hematoxylinwas used as a counterstain
All lanes : Anti-Myogenin antibody [EPR4789] (ab124800) at 0.5 µg/ml (purified)
Lane 1 : Human fetal skeletal muscle lysates
Lane 2 : Rat fetal skeletal muscle lysates
Lane 3 : Mouse fetal skeletal muscle lysates
Lane 4 : C2C12 (Mouse myoblasts myoblast) whole cell lysates
Lane 5 : C2C12 (Mouse myoblasts myoblast) treated with 2% horse serum whole cell lysates
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Blocking and diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
This antibody has low affinity on skeletal muscle samples. Please increase protein or antibody amount to get satisfied results.
Myogenin expression is upregulated in C2C12 cells during differentiation process induced by horse serum treatment (PMID: 26563778).
Unpurified ab124800, at a 1/100 dilution, staining Myogenin in paraffin embedded Human rhabdomyosarcoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab124800 has been referenced in 23 publications.
- Cheng J et al. Transcriptional regulation of the bovine FGFR1 gene facilitates myoblast proliferation under hypomethylation of the promoter. J Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32324257
- Zhang Z et al. Increase in HDAC9 suppresses myoblast differentiation via epigenetic regulation of autophagy in hypoxia. Cell Death Dis 10:552 (2019). PubMed: 31320610
- Tarhriz V et al. Transient induction of Cdk9 in the early stage of differentiation is critical for myogenesis. J Cell Biochem 120:18854-18861 (2019). PubMed: 31257635
- Takahashi A et al. The CCR4-NOT Deadenylase Complex Maintains Adipocyte Identity. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31652943
- Wang X et al. Circular RNA TTN Acts As a miR-432 Sponge to Facilitate Proliferation and Differentiation of Myoblasts via the IGF2/PI3K/AKT Signaling Pathway. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 18:966-980 (2019). PubMed: 31770673