Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Myosin Light Chain 2
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Myosin Light Chain 2 antibody
See all Myosin Light Chain 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Myosin Light Chain 2
Specificityab48003 is directed against the regulatory light chain of smooth and non muscle myosin. The antibody detects both unphosphorylated and monophosphorylated forms of the protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab48003 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||1/5000 - 1/20000.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 19 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MYL2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy familial hypertrophic type 10 (CMH10) [MIM:608758]. Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is a hereditary heart disorder characterized by ventricular hypertrophy, which is usually asymmetric and often involves the interventricular septum. The symptoms include dyspnea, syncope, collapse, palpitations, and chest pain. They can be readily provoked by exercise. The disorder has inter- and intrafamilial variability ranging from benign to malignant forms with high risk of cardiac failure and sudden cardiac death.
Defects in MYL2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy familial hypertrophic with mid-left ventricular chamber type 2 (MVC2) [MIM:608758]. MVC2 is a very rare variant of familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, characterized by mid-left ventricular chamber thickening.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 EF-hand domains.
modificationsN-terminus is methylated by METTL11A/NTM1.
- Information by UniProt
- Cardiac myosin light chain-2 antibody
- Cardiac ventricular myosin light chain 2 antibody
- CMH10 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Myosin Light Chain 2 antibody (ab48003) at 1/600 dilution
Lane 1 : Vascular myosin (rat aorta), loaded with 35 µg of lysate
Lane 2 : Cardiac myosin (mouse heart, loaded with 35 µg of lysate
All lanes : 1:10,000 dilution of
IRDye800™ conjugated Gt-a-Rabbit IgG [H&L]
Predicted band size: 19 kDa
Observed band size: 19,24 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Arrowheads indicate the detection of both monophosphorylated (upper) and unphosphorylated (lower) forms of the protein.
ab48003 (2µg/ml) staining Myosin Light Chain 2 in human skeletal muscle using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong staining of cell cytoplasm.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ab48003 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Park J et al. Switch-like enhancement of epithelial-mesenchymal transition by YAP through feedback regulation of WT1 and Rho-family GTPases. Nat Commun 10:2797 (2019). PubMed: 31243273
- Collins BC et al. Deletion of estrogen receptor a in skeletal muscle results in impaired contractility in female mice. J Appl Physiol (1985) 124:980-992 (2018). PubMed: 29345963
- Prystopiuk V et al. A two-phase response of endothelial cells to hydrostatic pressure. J Cell Sci 131:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29848657
- Patrinostro X et al. Relative importance of ßcyto- and ?cyto-actin in primary mouse embryonic fibroblasts. Mol Biol Cell 28:771-782 (2017). PubMed: 28077619
- Li L et al. Myosin light chain kinase facilitates endocytosis of synaptic vesicles at hippocampal boutons. J Neurochem 138:60-73 (2016). PubMed: 27062289