Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP1458Y] to Myosin light chain kinase/MLCK
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
Product nameAnti-Myosin light chain kinase/MLCK antibody [EP1458Y]
See all Myosin light chain kinase/MLCK primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP1458Y] to Myosin light chain kinase/MLCK
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Predicted to work with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Myosin light chain kinase/MLCK aa 1850-1950 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: Human brain lysate IHC-P: Human smooth muscle tissue IF: SH-SY5Y cells
Previously labeled as Myosin light chain kinase.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76092 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval via the pressure cooker method before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Use of HRP-conjugated or polymerized HRP secondary antibodies, stronger signals have been found using the polymerized HRP secondary.
FunctionCalcium/calmodulin-dependent enzyme implicated in smooth muscle contraction via phosphorylation of myosin light chains (MLC). Also regulates actin-myosin interaction through a non-kinase activty (By similarity). Implicated in the regulation of endothelial as well as vascular permeability. In the nervous system it has been shown to control the growth initiation of astrocytic processes in culture and to participate in transmitter release at synapses formed between cultured sympathetic ganglion cells. Critical participant in signaling sequences that result in fibroblast apoptosis.
Tissue specificitySmooth muscle and non-muscle isozymes are expressed in a wide variety of adult and fetal tissues and in cultured endothelium with qualitative expression appearing to be neither tissue- nor development-specific. Non-muscle isoform 2 is the dominant splice variant expressed in various tissues. Telokin has been found in a wide variety of adult and fetal tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family.
Contains 1 fibronectin type-III domain.
Contains 9 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsMLCK is probably down-regulated by phosphorylation.
The C-terminus is deglutamylated by AGTPBP1/ CCP1, AGBL1/CCP4 and AGBL4/CCP6, leading to the formation of Myosin light chain kinase, smooth muscle, deglutamylated form. The consequences of C-terminal deglutamylation are unknown.
- Information by UniProt
- deglutamylated form antibody
- DKFZp686I10125 antibody
- EC 126.96.36.199 antibody
ab76092 has been referenced in 34 publications.
- Sui J et al. Dual role of Ca2+-activated Cl- channel transmembrane member 16A in lipopolysaccharide-induced intestinal epithelial barrier dysfunction in vitro. Cell Death Dis 11:404 (2020). PubMed: 32472021
- Dupuis LE et al. Adamts5-/- Mice Exhibit Altered Aggrecan Proteolytic Profiles That Correlate With Ascending Aortic Anomalies. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 39:2067-2081 (2019). PubMed: 31366218
- Shi Y et al. Herbs-partitioned moxibustion improves intestinal epithelial tight junctions by upregulating A20 expression in a mouse model of Crohn's disease. Biomed Pharmacother 118:109149 (2019). PubMed: 31302421
- Turner SR et al. Smoothelin-like 1 deletion enhances myogenic reactivity of mesenteric arteries with alterations in PKC and myosin phosphatase signaling. Sci Rep 9:481 (2019). PubMed: 30679490
- Wang J et al. MicroRNA-92a promotes vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and migration through the ROCK/MLCK signalling pathway. J Cell Mol Med 23:3696-3710 (2019). PubMed: 30907506