Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Myosin Phosphatase
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Myosin Phosphatase antibody
See all Myosin Phosphatase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Myosin Phosphatase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human Myosin Phosphatase around the phosphorylation site of threonine 853 (R-S-TP-G-V).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59235 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 130 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 115 kDa).|
FunctionRegulates myosin phosphatase activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed in striated muscles, specifically in type 2a fibers (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesContains 6 ANK repeats.
Developmental stageInduced by 2-fold during pregnancy, including in abdominus rectus muscle.
DomainHeterotetramerization is mediated by the interaction between a coiled-coil of PRKG1 and the leucine/isoleucine zipper of PPP1R12A/MBS, the myosin-binding subunit of the myosin phosphatase.
modificationsPhosphorylated by CIT (Rho-associated kinase) (By similarity). Phosphorylated cooperatively by ROCK1 and CDC42BP on Thr-696. Phosphorylated on upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
In vitro, phosphorylation of Ser-695 by PKA and PKG appears to prevent phosphorylation of the inhibitory site Thr-696, probably mediated by PRKG1.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Along actomyosin filaments and stress fibers.
- Information by UniProt
- M130 antibody
- MBS antibody
- Myosin binding subunit antibody
All lanes : Anti-Myosin Phosphatase antibody (ab59235) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : NIH3T3 cell extract
Lane 2 : NIH3T3 cell extract with immunising peptide
Predicted band size: 115 kDa
Observed band size: 130 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab59235 at 1/50 dilution staining Myosin Phosphatase in human brain by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue, in the absence or presence of the immunising peptide.
ab59235 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Jia Z et al. Offsetting Expression Profiles of Prognostic Markers in Prostate Tumor vs. Its Microenvironment. Front Oncol 9:539 (2019). PubMed: 31316912
- Wan S et al. HMGCS2 functions as a tumor suppressor and has a prognostic impact in prostate cancer. Pathol Res Pract 215:152464 (2019). PubMed: 31176575
- Liang Y et al. Decreased Expression of MYPT1 Contributes to Tumor Angiogenesis and Poor Patient Prognosis in Human Prostate Cancer. Curr Mol Med 18:100-108 (2018). PubMed: 29974831
- Wang XQ et al. Resveratrol enhances vascular reactivity in mice following lipopolysaccharide challenge via the RhoA-ROCK-MLCP pathway. Exp Ther Med 14:308-316 (2017). PubMed: 28672931
- Yin Y et al. Expression of MYPT1, CPI-17 and MLC20 in ileum of neonatal mouse NEC model and its significance. Exp Ther Med 14:2221-2227 (2017). PubMed: 28962146
- Montalvo J et al. ROCK1 & 2 perform overlapping and unique roles in angiogenesis and angiosarcoma tumor progression. Curr Mol Med 13:205-19 (2013). WB . PubMed: 22934846
- Fu K et al. Tra2ß Protein Is Required for Tissue-specific Splicing of a Smooth Muscle Myosin Phosphatase Targeting Subunit Alternative Exon. J Biol Chem 287:16575-85 (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 22437831