Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Myosin Phosphatase (phospho T853)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Myosin Phosphatase (phospho T853) antibody
See all Myosin Phosphatase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Myosin Phosphatase (phospho T853)
SpecificityDetects human Myosin Phosphatase only when phosphorylated at threonine 853 (threonine 852 for mouse and threonine 855 for rat)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic phosphopeptide (Human) from around the phosphorylation site of threonine 853 (RSTPGV)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAffinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59203 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 130 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 115 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionRegulates myosin phosphatase activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed in striated muscles, specifically in type 2a fibers (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesContains 6 ANK repeats.
Developmental stageInduced by 2-fold during pregnancy, including in abdominus rectus muscle.
DomainHeterotetramerization is mediated by the interaction between a coiled-coil of PRKG1 and the leucine/isoleucine zipper of PPP1R12A/MBS, the myosin-binding subunit of the myosin phosphatase.
modificationsPhosphorylated by CIT (Rho-associated kinase) (By similarity). Phosphorylated cooperatively by ROCK1 and CDC42BP on Thr-696. Phosphorylated on upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
In vitro, phosphorylation of Ser-695 by PKA and PKG appears to prevent phosphorylation of the inhibitory site Thr-696, probably mediated by PRKG1.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Along actomyosin filaments and stress fibers.
- Information by UniProt
- M130 antibody
- MBS antibody
- Myosin binding subunit antibody
All lanes : Anti-Myosin Phosphatase (phospho T853) antibody (ab59203) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : NIH/3T3 cell extract
Lane 2 : NIH/3T3 cell extract with immunizing phosphopeptide
Predicted band size: 115 kDa
Observed band size: 130 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded human colon carcinoma tissue using ab59203 at 1/50 dilution. Samples were treated -/+ phosphopeptide.
ab59203 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zhang M et al. Protective effects of 18ß-glycyrrhetinic acid on pulmonary arterial hypertension via regulation of Rho A/Rho kinsase pathway. Chem Biol Interact 311:108749 (2019). PubMed: 31325423
- Kao YH et al. Cyclic Mechanical Stretch Up-regulates Hepatoma-Derived Growth Factor Expression in Cultured Rat Aortic Smooth Muscle Cells. Biosci Rep N/A:N/A (2018). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 29467272
- Wang XQ et al. Resveratrol enhances vascular reactivity in mice following lipopolysaccharide challenge via the RhoA-ROCK-MLCP pathway. Exp Ther Med 14:308-316 (2017). PubMed: 28672931
- Cheng CI et al. The prognostic values of leukocyte rho kinase activity in acute ischemic stroke. Biomed Res Int 2014:214587 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24716192
- Montalvo J et al. ROCK1 & 2 perform overlapping and unique roles in angiogenesis and angiosarcoma tumor progression. Curr Mol Med 13:205-19 (2013). WB . PubMed: 22934846