For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
Canthis antibody detect the Myristic acid when it's linked over a short peptide with the tag?
Asked on Apr 03 2012
Thank you for contacting us.
The laboratory confirmed that unfortunately the binding capability of this antibody to myristic acid attached to a peptide has not been evaluated.
I can confirm also that the antibody will NOT recognize FREE Myristic acid, but it will recognize Myristic acid in the presence of gluteraldehyde. According to the lab, the gluteraldehyde does not have to be physically linked to the Myristic acid.
If you would like to test whether the ab37027 does react with Myristic acid conjugated to peptide, I can propose you our testing offer: I can offer a discount off a future purchase, if you buy ab37027 now, test it against the peptide conjugated Myristic acid and submit feedback to us in the form of an Abreview. It doesn’t matter whether the Abreview is positive or negative, we would just really like to receive your feedback. The discount would be to the value of 1 free primary antibody.
If you are interested in this offer, please follow these steps:
1. Reply to this e-mail to let me know that you would like to proceed and test ab37027 against the peptide conjugated Myristic acid. I will then send a discount code. This code must be issued before purchasing ab37027 so please wait for my reply before ordering.
2. Purchase ab37027 either by phone, fax, or online (www.abcam.com).
3. Test it against the peptide conjugated Myristic acid.
4. Let us know the results, positive or negative, using our Abreview system (this will take about 10 minutes and images are great if you have them!). To find out how to submit an Abreview, please visit: https://www.abcam.com/abreviews.
5. After the review is submitted to us, the discount code becomes active. Simply place your new order by phone, fax, or on the web and mention the discount code. The discount can be redeemed for any primary antibody ordered and the discount code is valid for 4 months after issue.
We are always pleased to obtain feedback about our products and any information is greatly appreciated! Even if ab37027 turns out to be unsuitable for peptide conjugated Myristic acid, you will still receive the discount on your next purchase after your Abreview has been submitted.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this offer and I would be happy to help you further.
The Terms and Conditions of this offer can be found at: www.abcam.com/collaborationdiscount.
Answered on Apr 03 2012