Product nameN-(4-Carboxy-3-hydroxyphenyl)maleimide, LDH isoenzyme inhibitor
DescriptionIrreversible LDH isoenzyme inhibitor
- 4-(2,5-dioxo-2,5-dihydro-1h-pyrrol-1-yl)-2-hydroxybenzoic acid
- 4-(2,5-dioxopyrrol-1-yl)-2-hydroxybenzoic acid
- 4-Maleimidylsalicylic acid
Reported to be an irreversible inhibitor of LDH isoenzyme.
Chemical name4-(2,5-Dioxo-2,5-dihydro-1H-pyrrol-1-yl)-2-hydroxybenzoic acid
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Krämer SD & Wunderli-Allenspach H No entry for TAT(44-57) into liposomes and intact MDCK cells: novel approach to study membrane permeation of cell-penetrating peptides. Biochim Biophys Acta 1609:161-9 (2003). Read more (PubMed: 12543377) »
- Carvajal G et al. Lactic dehydrogenase activity and aerobic glycolysis in tumors. Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 27:111-24 (1967). Read more (PubMed: 5583761) »