Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [8C11] to N Cadherin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rabbit, Hamster, Human, Bird
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-N Cadherin antibody [8C11]
See all N Cadherin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [8C11] to N Cadherin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rabbit, Hamster, Human, Bird
Does not react with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Pig
Fusion protein corresponding to Human N Cadherin (extracellular). A recombinant maltose binding protein fused to the extracellular domain of human N-cadherin.
EpitopeThe 8C11 monoclonal binds to the extracellular domain of N-cadherin between EC3 and EC4 (PubMed ID: 12604612).
- IHC-P: Normal human heart tissue sections. ICC/IF: SH-SY5Y cells.
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam. If you require it in a particular buffer formulation or a particular conjugate for your experiments, please contact email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19348 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionCadherins are calcium dependent cell adhesion proteins. They preferentially interact with themselves in a homophilic manner in connecting cells; cadherins may thus contribute to the sorting of heterogeneous cell types. CDH2 may be involved in neuronal recognition mechanism. In hippocampal neurons, may regulate dendritic spine density.
Sequence similaritiesContains 5 cadherin domains.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CADH2_HUMAN antibody
- Cadherin 2 antibody
- Cadherin 2 N cadherin neuronal antibody
IHC image of N cadherin staining in a section of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded normal human heart performed on a Leica BONDTM system using the standard protocol F.
The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH 6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab19348, 1 µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with hematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
The inset secondary-only control image is taken from an identical assay without primary antibody.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab19348 staining N-Cadherin in SH-SY5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line from bone marrow) cells.
The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min), permeabilized with 0.1% Tween for 5 mins and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated overnight at +4°C with ab19348 at 5 μg/ml and ab6046, Rabbit polyclonal to beta Tubulin - Loading Control, at 1/1000 dilution. Cells were then incubated with ab150117, Goat Anti-Mouse IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) at 1/1000 dilution (shown in green) and ab150084, Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (Alexa Fluor® 594) at 1/1000 dilution (shown in pseudocolor red). Nuclear DNA was labeled with DAPI (shown in blue).
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems, TCS SP8).
Immunofluorescence analysis of ARPE-19 (human retinal pigment epithelial) cells, staining N Cadherin (green) with ab19348, at 1/20 dilution.
ARPE-19 monolayer cultures were fixed in paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.2% Triton X-100 for 15 min and blocked with 2% BSA for 30 min. Samples were incubated with primary antibody for 16 hours at 4°C before incubation with an Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated donkey anti-mouse secondary IgG for 60 min.
ab19348 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Hu J et al. Cancer Stem Cell Marker Endoglin (CD105) Induces Epithelial Mesenchymal Transition (EMT) but Not Metastasis in Clear Cell Renal Cell Carcinoma. Stem Cells Int 2019:9060152 (2019). PubMed: 31015843
- Lin R et al. Copper-incorporated bioactive glass-ceramics inducing anti-inflammatory phenotype and regeneration of cartilage/bone interface. Theranostics 9:6300-6313 (2019). PubMed: 31534552
- Zou S et al. JMJD3 promotes the epithelial-mesenchymal transition and migration of glioma cells via the CXCL12/CXCR4 axis. Oncol Lett 18:5930-5940 (2019). PubMed: 31788067
- Zhuang R et al. CR6-interacting factor 1 inhibits invasiveness by suppressing TGF-ß-mediated epithelial-mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget 8:94759-94768 (2017). PubMed: 29212264
- Bæk R et al. Does smoking, age or gender affect the protein phenotype of extracellular vesicles in plasma? Transfus Apher Sci 55:44-52 (2016). PubMed: 27470710