Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to N Cadherin
- Suitable for: IP, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Sheep, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-N Cadherin antibody
See all N Cadherin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to N Cadherin
Specificityab76057 does not crossreact with E Cadherin.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Sheep, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken, Chimpanzee
Unphosphorylated synthetic peptide:
ERPIHAEPQYPVRS, corresponding to amino acids 811-824 of Human N Cadherin (coupled to a carrier protein). This sequence is conserved in rat and mouse N cadherin, and has three amino acid differences from the conserved region in R Cadherin.
- WB: Human endothelial cells (untreated or treated with pervanadate (1 mM) for 30 minutes) and mouse brain tissue. This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Human normal heart muscle.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76057 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionCadherins are calcium dependent cell adhesion proteins. They preferentially interact with themselves in a homophilic manner in connecting cells; cadherins may thus contribute to the sorting of heterogeneous cell types. CDH2 may be involved in neuronal recognition mechanism. In hippocampal neurons, may regulate dendritic spine density.
Sequence similaritiesContains 5 cadherin domains.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CADH2_HUMAN antibody
- Cadherin 2 antibody
- Cadherin 2 N cadherin neuronal antibody
IHC image of N Cadherin staining in Human normal heart muscle formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab76057, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab76057 at 1:100, staining differentiated embryonic stem cells by ICC/IF
Western blot image of mouse brain lysate immunoprecipitated with no antibody (lane 1), anti-N-Cadherin (CP1751) rabbit polyclonal antibody (lane 2), and whole mouse brain lysate (lane 3). The blot was probed with anti-N-cadherin (Cytoplasmic) mouse monoclonal antibody (lanes 1-3) and detected using anti-Mouse Ig Light Chain specific:HRP secondary antibody.
ab76057 has been referenced in 82 publications.
- Bai J et al. lncRNA SNHG1 cooperated with miR-497/miR-195-5p to modify epithelial-mesenchymal transition underlying colorectal cancer exacerbation. J Cell Physiol 235:1453-1468 (2020). PubMed: 31276207
- Fan Y et al. Silibinin inhibits epithelial-mesenchymal transition of renal cell carcinoma through autophagy-dependent Wnt/ß-catenin signaling. Int J Mol Med 45:1341-1350 (2020). PubMed: 32323735
- Song X et al. Long Noncoding RNA SOX2-OT Knockdown Inhibits Proliferation and Metastasis of Prostate Cancer Cells Through Modulating miR-452-5p/HMGB3 Axis and Inactivating Wnt/ß-Catenin Pathway. Cancer Biother Radiopharm N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32407168
- Zhang Q et al. A long non-coding RNA LINC00461-dependent mechanism underlying breast cancer invasion and migration via the miR-144-3p/KPNA2 axis. Cancer Cell Int 20:137 (2020). PubMed: 32355466
- Wang K et al. Knockdown of MMP-1 inhibits the progression of colorectal cancer by suppressing the PI3K/Akt/c-myc signaling pathway and EMT. Oncol Rep 43:1103-1112 (2020). PubMed: 32323782