Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to n-Myc/MYCN
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-n-Myc/MYCN antibody
See all n-Myc/MYCN primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to n-Myc/MYCN
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human n-Myc/MYCN (internal sequence).
Database link: P04198
- Human brain tissue and Human thyroid cancer tissue.
This product was previously labelled as n-Myc
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab198912 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/200.|
FunctionMay function as a transcription factor.
Involvement in diseaseNote=Amplification of the N-MYC gene is associated with a variety of human tumors, most frequently neuroblastoma, where the level of amplification appears to increase as the tumor progresses.
Defects in MYCN are the cause of microcephaly-oculo-digito-esophageal-duodenal syndrome (MODED) [MIM:164280]; also known as oculodigitoesophagoduodenal syndrome (ODED). Microcephaly-oculo-digito-esophageal-duodenal syndrome is characterized by variable combinations of esophageal and duodenal atresias, microcephaly, learning disability and limb malformations. Cardiac and renal malformations, vertebral anomalies, and deafness have also been described.
Defects in MYCN are the cause of microcephaly and digital abnormalities with normal intelligence (MCPHDANI) [MIM:602585].
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
Developmental stageExpressed during fetal development.
- Information by UniProt
- bHLHe37 antibody
- Class E basic helix-loop-helix protein 37 antibody
- MODED antibody
ab198912 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Mundo L et al. Molecular switch from MYC to MYCN expression in MYC protein negative Burkitt lymphoma cases. Blood Cancer J 9:91 (2019). PubMed: 31748534
- Villasante A et al. Vascularized Tissue-Engineered Model for Studying Drug Resistance in Neuroblastoma. Theranostics 7:4099-4117 (2017). PubMed: 29158813
- Delaidelli A et al. MYCN amplified neuroblastoma requires the mRNA translation regulator eEF2 kinase to adapt to nutrient deprivation. Cell Death Differ 24:1564-1576 (2017). PubMed: 28574509