Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to N WASP (phospho Y256)
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-N WASP (phospho Y256) antibody
See all N WASP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to N WASP (phospho Y256)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Phospho N WASP (Tyr 256) synthetic peptide (coupled to carrier protein) corresponding to amino acid residues around tyrosine 256 of human N WASP. The human WASP sequence has a similar peptide sequence surrounding tyrosine 291.
- Pervanadate treated A431, HeLa, Jurkat and endothelial cells for SDS PAGE immunoblots.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThis antibody was cross absorbed to phosphotyrosine then affinity purified using phospho N WASP (Tyr 256) peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23395 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa). The antibody detects a 63 or 65 kDa protein corresponding to phosphorylated N WASP on SDS PAGE immunoblots of A431, HeLa, Jurkat and endothelial cells treated with pervanadate. Weak bands are also observed at higher molecular weights after pervanadte treatment which may be due to low crossreactivity with phosphotyrosine.|
FunctionRegulates actin polymerization by stimulating the actin-nucleating activity of the Arp2/3 complex. Binds to HSF1/HSTF1 and forms a complex on heat shock promoter elements (HSE) that negatively regulates HSP90 expression.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 CRIB domain.
Contains 1 WH1 domain.
Contains 2 WH2 domains.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton. Nucleus. Preferentially localized in the cytoplasm when phosphorylated and in the nucleus when unphosphorylated.
- Information by UniProt
- DKFZp779G0847 antibody
- MGC48327 antibody
- N-WASP antibody
All lanes : Anti-N WASP (phospho Y256) antibody (ab23395) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : Control A431 cells 20ug/lane
Lane 2 : Pervanadate-treated A431 cells 20 ug/lane
Predicted band size: 55 kDa
Membrane was incubated with diluted antibody in 5% non-fat milk, PBS, 0.04% Tween20 for 1hour at room temperature.
ab23395 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zhang W et al. Rho kinase collaborates with p21-activated kinase to regulate actin polymerization and contraction in airway smooth muscle. J Physiol 596:3617-3635 (2018). PubMed: 29746010
- Zhang W et al. p21-Activated kinase (Pak) regulates airway smooth muscle contraction by regulating paxillin complexes that mediate actin polymerization. J Physiol 594:4879-900 (2016). PubMed: 27038336
- Rajput C et al. Neural Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (N-WASP)-mediated p120-catenin interaction with Arp2-Actin complex stabilizes endothelial adherens junctions. J Biol Chem 288:4241-50 (2013). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23212915
- Chacón MR et al. Focal adhesion kinase regulates actin nucleation and neuronal filopodia formation during axonal growth. Development 139:3200-10 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22872087
- Zhang W et al. The small GTPase RhoA regulates the contraction of smooth muscle tissues by catalyzing the assembly of cytoskeletal signaling complexes at membrane adhesion sites. J Biol Chem 287:33996-4008 (2012). WB ; Dog . PubMed: 22893699