Key features and details
- Potent, selective A1 agonist
- CAS Number: 41552-82-3
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in 1 eq. HCl to 100 mM, in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 25 mM (with warming)
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameN6-Cyclopentyladenosine (CPA), A1 agonist
DescriptionPotent, selective A1 agonist
Potent and selective adenosine A1 receptor agonist (Ki values are 2.3, 790 and 43 nM for human A1, A2A and A3 receptors, respectively). Centrally active following systemic administration in vivo. Anticonvulsant, with cardiovacular actions, and effects on sleep regulation.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in 1 eq. HCl to 100 mM, in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 25 mM (with warming)
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120398 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Lv YC et al. Long-term adenosine A1 receptor activation-induced sortilin expression promotes a-synuclein upregulation in dopaminergic neurons. Neural Regen Res 15:712-723 (2020). PubMed: 31638096
- Zhou Y et al. The Adenosine A1 Receptor Antagonist DPCPX Inhibits Tumor Progression via the ERK/JNK Pathway in Renal Cell Carcinoma. Cell Physiol Biochem 43:733-742 (2017). PubMed: 28950257
- Chiang PH et al. GABA is depolarizing in hippocampal dentate granule cells of the adolescent and adult rats. J Neurosci 32:62-7 (2012). PubMed: 22219270
- Ster J et al. Enhancement of CA3 hippocampal network activity by activation of group II metabotropic glutamate receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:9993-7 (2011). PubMed: 21628565
- Schätzle P et al. Rapid and reversible formation of spine head filopodia in response to muscarinic receptor activation in CA1 pyramidal cells. J Physiol 589:4353-64 (2011). PubMed: 21768266