Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [17-3-4-1] to N6-methyladenosine (m6A)
- Suitable for: Northwestern, Dot blot, IP, Southern Blot
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human, Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-N6-methyladenosine (m6A) antibody [17-3-4-1]
See all N6-methyladenosine (m6A) primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [17-3-4-1] to N6-methyladenosine (m6A)
SpecificityThis antibody recognises N6-methyladenosine in both modified RNA and DNA.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Northwestern, Dot blot, IP, Southern Blotmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human, Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Chemical/ Small Molecule corresponding to N6-methyladenosine (m6A) conjugated to bovine serum albumin. Hapten N6-methyladenosine-5'-mono-phosphate conjugated to BSA of all N6-methyladenosine
- methylated RNA (negative control non methylated RNA); single stranded DNA;
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab208577 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Northwestern||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
optimal working dilution needs to be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Best results are obtained by pre-binding the antibody to the beads before washing off unbound immunoglobulin. It is recommended to start with an excess of antibody in order to ensure the Protein G beads are saturated.Used 3µg in 500µl for IP which yielded positive results.
|Southern Blot||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceN6-Methyladenosine (m6A) is an abundant modification found in mRNA, tRNA, snRNA, as well as long non-coding RNA, in all species. RNA adenosine methylation is catalyzed by a multicomponent complex composed of METTL3/MT-A70, METTL14, and WTAP in mammals. METTL3 & METTL14 are responsible for the methyltransferase activity of the complex, and WTAP mediates substrate recruitment.
- m6A antibody
- N6-methyladenosine antibody
N6-methyladenosine (m6A) was immunoprecipitated using ab208577 from radiolabeled synthetic methylated transcript (Bound); radiolabeled Non methylated control (Non bound) and radiolabeled Input RNA control.
Use of ab208577 for northwestern blot using synthetic methlyated and non methlyated RNA.
Lane 1 Single stranded DNA
Lane 2 Double stranded DNA
Labelled with ab208577. Arrow shows m6A containing fragment.
ab208577 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Qian JY et al. KIAA1429 acts as an oncogenic factor in breast cancer by regulating CDK1 in an N6-methyladenosine-independent manner. Oncogene 38:6123-6141 (2019). PubMed: 31285549
- Wang J et al. METTL3/m6A/miRNA-873-5p Attenuated Oxidative Stress and Apoptosis in Colistin-Induced Kidney Injury by Modulating Keap1/Nrf2 Pathway. Front Pharmacol 10:517 (2019). PubMed: 31156435
- Barbieri I et al. Promoter-bound METTL3 maintains myeloid leukaemia by m6A-dependent translation control. Nature 552:126-131 (2017). IP . PubMed: 29186125
- Bodi Z et al. Yeast targets for mRNA methylation. Nucleic Acids Res 38:5327-35 (2010). PubMed: 20421205