Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to N6-methyladenosine (m6A)
- Suitable for: Nucleotide Array
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-N6-methyladenosine (m6A) antibody
See all N6-methyladenosine (m6A) primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to N6-methyladenosine (m6A)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Nucleotide Arraymore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Chemical/ Small Molecule corresponding to N6-methyladenosine (m6A) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
- ab151230 was tested on a oligonucleotide array against RNA oligomers; N6-methyladenosine (m6A) and unmodified adenosine. 2Ome-RNA oligomers carry a methyl group at the 2’-OH residue of the ribose molecule, making them resistant to most ribonucleases.
N6-methyladenosine (m6A) is a post-transcriptional modification of RNA. m6A modification has been identified in all classes of RNA (rRNA, tRNA and mRNA) and is catalysed by an evolutionary conserved multi-subunit enzyme, methyltransferase like 3 (METTL3). Cellular and viral RNA has been known to be methylated for decades. Recent studies have found that mRNA is predominately m6A modified at stop codons and long internal exons, which are conserved between mouse and human. Emerging evidence suggests m6A plays an important role in regulating gene expression, alternative splicing patterns, downstream signalling (p53) as well as apoptosis.
The regulation of m6A modifications in mRNA has been linked to disease, where fat mass and obesity-associated (FTO) has been has been reported to be a obesity risk gene. FTO is a m6A demethylase and polymorphisms that result in increased FTO expression are associated with increased body mass and risk of obesity.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at +4°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
PBS prepared using DEPC-treated water.
The use of RNase inhibitor is recommended.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab151230 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.
RelevanceN6-Methyladenosine (m6A) is an abundant modification found in mRNA, tRNA, snRNA, as well as long non-coding RNA, in all species. RNA adenosine methylation is catalyzed by a multicomponent complex composed of METTL3/MT-A70, METTL14, and WTAP in mammals. METTL3 & METTL14 are responsible for the methyltransferase activity of the complex, and WTAP mediates substrate recruitment.
- m6A antibody
- N6-methyladenosine antibody
All batches of ab151230 are tested in Nucleotide Array against N6-methyladenosine (m6A) and unmodified adenosine. Six dilutions of each oligomer are printed on to the Array in triplicate and results are averaged before being plotted on to a graph. Results show strong binding to N6-methyladenosine, indicating that this antibody specifically recognises adenosine methylated at position N6.
2Ome-m6A - N6-methyladenosine
2Ome-m6A_unmod - unmodified adenosine
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab151230 has been referenced in 59 publications.
- You A et al. TTC22 promotes m6A-mediated WTAP expression and colon cancer metastasis in an RPL4 binding-dependent pattern. Oncogene N/A:N/A (2022). WB ; Human . PubMed: 35798874
- Holmes MJ et al. m6A RNA methylation facilitates pre-mRNA 3'-end formation and is essential for viability of Toxoplasma gondii. PLoS Pathog 17:e1009335 (2021). PubMed: 34324585
- Han T et al. Identification of a robust signature for clinical outcomes and immunotherapy response in gastric cancer: based on N6-methyladenosine related long noncoding RNAs. Cancer Cell Int 21:432 (2021). PubMed: 34399770
- Roberts JT et al. Identification of m6A residues at single-nucleotide resolution using eCLIP and an accessible custom analysis pipeline. RNA 27:527-541 (2021). PubMed: 33376190
- Tassinari V et al. ADAR1 is a new target of METTL3 and plays a pro-oncogenic role in glioblastoma by an editing-independent mechanism. Genome Biol 22:51 (2021). PubMed: 33509238