Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [mAbcam 190886] to N6-methyladenosine (m6A) - BSA and Azide free
- Suitable for: Nucleotide Array
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-N6-methyladenosine (m6A) antibody [mAbcam 190886] - BSA and Azide free
See all N6-methyladenosine (m6A) primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [mAbcam 190886] to N6-methyladenosine (m6A) - BSA and Azide free
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Nucleotide Arraymore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Chemical/ Small Molecule corresponding to N6-methyladenosine (m6A) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
- ab190886 was tested on a oligonucleotide array against RNA oligomers; N6-methyladenosine (m6A) and unmodified adenosine. 2Ome-RNA oligomers carry a methyl group at the 2’-OH residue of the ribose molecule, making them resistant to most ribonucleases.
N6-methyladenosine (m6A) is a post-transcriptional modification of RNA. m6A modification has been identified in all classes of RNA (rRNA, tRNA and mRNA) and is catalysed by an evolutionary conserved multi-subunit enzyme, methyltransferase like 3 (METTL3). Cellular and viral RNA has been known to be methylated for decades. Recent studies have found that mRNA is predominately m6A modified at stop codons and long internal exons, which are conserved between mouse and human. Emerging evidence suggests m6A plays an important role in regulating gene expression, alternative splicing patterns, downstream signalling (p53) as well as apoptosis.
The regulation of m6A modifications in mRNA has been linked to disease, where fat mass and obesity-associated (FTO) has been has been reported to be a obesity risk gene. FTO is a m6A demethylase and polymorphisms that result in increased FTO expression are associated with increased body mass and risk of obesity.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
PBS prepared using DEPC-treated water.
The use of RNase inhibitor is recommended.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Clone numbermAbcam 190886
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab190886 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Nucleotide Array||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
RelevanceN6-Methyladenosine (m6A) is an abundant modification found in mRNA, tRNA, snRNA, as well as long non-coding RNA, in all species. RNA adenosine methylation is catalyzed by a multicomponent complex composed of METTL3/MT-A70, METTL14, and WTAP in mammals. METTL3 & METTL14 are responsible for the methyltransferase activity of the complex, and WTAP mediates substrate recruitment.
- m6A antibody
- N6-methyladenosine antibody
All batches of ab190886 are tested in Nucleotide Array against N6-methyladenosine and unmodified adenosine. Six dilutions of each oligomer are printed on to the Array in triplicate and results are averaged before being plotted on to a graph. Results show strong binding to N6-methyladenosine, indicating that this antibody specifically recognises adenosine methylated at position N6.
2Ome-m6A - N6-methyladenosine
2Ome-m6A_unmod - unmodified adenosine
ab190886 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Yang X et al. METTL14 suppresses proliferation and metastasis of colorectal cancer by down-regulating oncogenic long non-coding RNA XIST. Mol Cancer 19:46 (2020). PubMed: 32111213
- Lobo J et al. m6A RNA modification and its writer/reader VIRMA/YTHDF3 in testicular germ cell tumors: a role in seminoma phenotype maintenance. J Transl Med 17:79 (2019). PubMed: 30866959
- Zhuang M et al. The m6A reader YTHDF1 regulates axon guidance through translational control of Robo3.1 expression. Nucleic Acids Res 47:4765-4777 (2019). PubMed: 30843071
- Mauer J et al. FTO controls reversible m6Am RNA methylation during snRNA biogenesis. Nat Chem Biol 15:340-347 (2019). PubMed: 30778204
- Patil DP et al. m(6)A RNA methylation promotes XIST-mediated transcriptional repression. Nature 537:369-373 (2016). RIP ; Human . PubMed: 27602518