Key features and details
- Modified adenosine analog
- CAS Number: 1867-73-8
- Purity: > 97%
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM, in water to 25 mM and in ethanol to 5 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameN6-Methyladenosine (m6A), Modified adenosine analog
DescriptionModified adenosine analog
Modified base. Adenosine analog methylated at the nitrogen-6 position. Abundant modification in mRNA, found within some viruses, and most eukaryotes including mammals, insects, plants and yeast. Also found in tRNA, rRNA, and small nuclear RNA (snRNA).
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM, in water to 25 mM and in ethanol to 5 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab145715 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Li N et al. METTL3 regulates viral m6A RNA modification and host cell innate immune responses during SARS-CoV-2 infection. Cell Rep 35:109091 (2021). PubMed: 33961823
- Parker MT et al. Widespread premature transcription termination of Arabidopsis thaliana NLR genes by the spen protein FPA. Elife 10:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33904405
- Govindaraju G et al. N6-Adenosine methylation on mRNA is recognized by YTH2 domain protein of human malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum. Epigenetics Chromatin 13:33 (2020). PubMed: 32867812
- Sendinc E et al. PCIF1 Catalyzes m6Am mRNA Methylation to Regulate Gene Expression. Mol Cell 75:620-630.e9 (2019). PubMed: 31279659