Key features and details
- Assay type: Quantitative
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 2 hr
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cell Lysate, Tissue
- Sensitivity: 3 µM
Product nameNADPH Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
See all NADPH kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Tissue, Cell Lysate
Sensitivity> 3 µM
Range3.13 µM - 100 µM
Assay time2h 00m
Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP+) are two important cofactors found in cells. NADH is the reduced form of NAD+. NAD forms NADP with the addition of a phosphate group to the 2' position of the adenyl nucleotide through an ester linkage. The traditional NAD/NADH and NADP/NADPH assays are based on monitoring the changes in NADH or NADPH absorption at 340 nm. The short UV wavelength of NAD/NADH and NADP/NADPH assays makes the traditional methods suffer low sensitivity and high interference.
Abcam’s Colorimetric NADPH Assay Kit (ab186031) provides a convenient method for detecting NADPH. The NADPH probe is a chromogenic sensor that has its maximum absorbance at 460 nm upon NADPH reduction. The absorbance maximum increases to ~ 635 nm if the enhancer is added to the assay system. The absorption of the NADPH probe is directly proportional to the concentration of NADPH in the solution. The Colorimetric NADPH Assay Kit provides a sensitive assay to detect as little as 3 µM NADPH in a 100 µL assay volume.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
NADPH dose response was measured with the Colorimetric NADPH Assay Kit in a 96-well white/clear bottom plate using a microplate reader. As low as 3 µM of NAPDH can be detected with 30min incubation (n=3) with absorbance measurement at 460nm.
The absorbance in blank wells (with the PBS buffer only) is used as a control, and is subtracted from the values for those wells with the NADPH reactions.
ab186031 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Wang J & Liu G Protective effect of microRNA-340-5p against oxygen-glucose deprivation/reperfusion in PC12 cells through targeting neuronal differentiation 4. Mol Med Rep 22:964-974 (2020). PubMed: 32468054
- Sambon M et al. Dibenzoylthiamine Has Powerful Antioxidant and Anti-Inflammatory Properties in Cultured Cells and in Mouse Models of Stress and Neurodegeneration. Biomedicines 8:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32962139