Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NADPH oxidase 4
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NADPH oxidase 4 antibody
See all NADPH oxidase 4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NADPH oxidase 4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to a region within amino acids 252-564 of Human NOX4 (UniProt ID: Q9NPH5).
- 293T, A431, Jurkat and Raji whole cell lysates; A431 cells; Human colon carcinoma tissue.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C or lower. Aliquot to avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.025% Proclin 300
Constituents: PBS, 20% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab154244 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 67 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/1000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol using 10mM Citrate buffer (pH6.0) or Tris-EDTA buffer (pH8.0)|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/1000.|
FunctionConstitutive NADPH oxidase which generates superoxide intracellularly upon formation of a complex with CYBA/p22phox. Regulates signaling cascades probably through phosphatases inhibition. May function as an oxygen sensor regulating the KCNK3/TASK-1 potassium channel and HIF1A activity. May regulate insulin signaling cascade. May play a role in apoptosis, bone resorption and lipolysaccharide-mediated activation of NFKB. May produce superoxide in the nucleus and play a role in regulating gene expression upon cell stimulation. Isoform 3 is not functional. Isoform 4 displays an increased activity. Isoform 5 and isoform 6 display reduced activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed by distal tubular cells in kidney cortex and in endothelial cells (at protein level). Widely expressed. Strongly expressed in kidney and to a lower extent in heart, adipocytes, hepatoma, endothelial cells, skeletal muscle, brain, several brain tumor cell lines and airway epithelial cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 FAD-binding FR-type domain.
Contains 1 ferric oxidoreductase domain.
Developmental stageExpressed in fetal kidney and fetal liver.
modificationsIsoform 3 and isoform 4 are N-glycosylated. Isoform 4 glycosylation is required for its proper function.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Cell membrane. Cell junction > focal adhesion. Nucleus. May localize to plasma membrane and focal adhesions. According to PubMed:15927447, may also localize to the nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- Kidney oxidase 1 antibody
- Kidney oxidase-1 antibody
- Kidney superoxide producing NADPH oxidase antibody
All lanes : Anti-NADPH oxidase 4 antibody (ab154244) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : 293T whole cell extract
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell extract
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG antibody
Predicted band size: 67 kDa
ab154244 staining NADPH oxidase 4 in A431 cells fixed in ice-cold MeOH for 5 minutes. Samples were incubated with primary antibody at 1:500 dilution. Hoechst 33342 staining was used (Blue).
ab154244 staining NADPH oxidase 4 in paraffin embedded rat kidney tissue by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P- paraffin embedded sections). Samples were incubated with primary antibody at 1:500 dilution.
Anti-NADPH oxidase 4 antibody (ab154244) at 1/1000 dilution + Jurkat whole cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size: 67 kDa
7.5% SDS PAGE
Immunofluorescence analysis of methanol fixed A431 cells labeling NOX4 with ab154244 at 1/500. Lower panel shows costaining with Hoechst 33342.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded Human colon carcinoma tissue labeling NOX4 with ab154244 at 1/250.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab154244 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Liao CR et al. Advanced oxidation protein products increase TNF-a and IL-1ß expression in chondrocytes via NADPH oxidase 4 and accelerate cartilage degeneration in osteoarthritis progression. Redox Biol 28:101306 (2020). PubMed: 31539804
- Wang ZP et al. Corosolic acid attenuates cardiac fibrosis following myocardial infarction in mice. Int J Mol Med 45:1425-1435 (2020). PubMed: 32323841
- He C et al. NOX4 modulates macrophage phenotype and mitochondrial biogenesis in asbestosis. JCI Insight 4:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31434799
- de Jesus DS et al. Nox1/Ref-1-mediated activation of CREB promotes Gremlin1-driven endothelial cell proliferation and migration. Redox Biol 22:101138 (2019). PubMed: 30802716
- Geng Z et al. FNDC5 attenuates obesity-induced cardiac hypertrophy by inactivating JAK2/STAT3-associated inflammation and oxidative stress. J Transl Med 17:107 (2019). PubMed: 30940158