Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to NAIP
- Suitable for: WB, ELISA, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-NAIP antibody
See all NAIP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to NAIP
Specificityab25968 recognises Neuronal apoptosis inhibitor protein (NAIP).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ELISA, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide, corresponding to 13 C terminal amino acids of Human NAIP (Genbank accession No. AAC52047).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25968 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 160 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 160 kDa).|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionPrevents motor-neuron apoptosis induced by a variety of signals. Possible role in the prevention of spinal muscular atrophy that seems to be caused by inappropriate persistence of motor-neuron apoptosis: mutated or deleted forms of NAIP have been found in individuals with severe spinal muscular atrophy.
Tissue specificityExpressed in motor neurons, but not in sensory neurons. Found in liver and placenta, and to a lesser extent in spinal cord.
Sequence similaritiesContains 3 BIR repeats.
Contains 1 NACHT domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Baculoviral IAP repeat containing 1 antibody
- Baculoviral IAP repeat-containing protein 1 antibody
- BIRC 1 antibody
Western Blot of human tonsil lysate labeling NAIP with Anti-NAIP antibody (ab25968) at 1µg/ml.
Western blot analysis of NAIP in PC-3 cell lysate with anti-NAIP (CT) at (A) 0.5, (B) 1, and (C) 2 µg/ml.
Minor, lower molecular weight bands may represent alternately spliced forms.
ab25968 at 10µg/ml staining NAIP in A549 cells by ICC/IF
Anti-NAIP antibody (ab25968) at 1/1500 dilution + Mouse RAW 264.7 cell lysate at 20 µg
HRP Goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 160 kDa
Observed band size: 150 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 110 kDa (possible non-specific binding)
Exposure time: 1 minute
Immunofluorescence of NAIP in A549 cells using ab25968 at 20 ug/ml.
ab25968 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Abadía-Molina F et al. Neuronal apoptosis inhibitory protein (NAIP) localizes to the cytokinetic machinery during cell division. Sci Rep 7:39981 (2017). PubMed: 28059125
- Engel K et al. USP9X stabilizes XIAP to regulate mitotic cell death and chemoresistance in aggressive B-cell lymphoma. EMBO Mol Med 8:851-62 (2016). PubMed: 27317434
- Zhang S et al. Apollon modulates chemosensitivity in human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Oncotarget 5:7183-97 (2014). PubMed: 25216531
- Petterson T et al. Effects of NOD-like receptors in human B lymphocytes and crosstalk between NOD1/NOD2 and Toll-like receptors. J Leukoc Biol 89:177-87 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 20844241
- Chiu HH et al. Induction of neuronal apoptosis inhibitory protein expression in response to androgen deprivation in prostate cancer. Cancer Lett 292:176-85 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20044205
- Romanish MT et al. A novel protein isoform of the multicopy human NAIP gene derives from intragenic Alu SINE promoters. PLoS One 4:e5761 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19488400
- Hebb AL et al. Expression of the inhibitor of apoptosis protein family in multiple sclerosis reveals a potential immunomodulatory role during autoimmune mediated demyelination. Mult Scler 14:577-94 (2008). PubMed: 18566024