Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR2867(2)-19] to NAK/TBK1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, IP
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-NAK/TBK1 antibody [EPR2867(2)-19]
See all NAK/TBK1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR2867(2)-19] to NAK/TBK1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, IPmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human NAK/TBK1 aa 150-250 (phospho S172). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q9UHD2
- HeLa, U937, HepG2, and 293T cell lysates, Human testis tissue, HeLa cells
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab109735 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 84 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 84 kDa).
For unpurified use at 1/1000 - 1/2000.
|IHC-P||1/800. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
For unpurified use at 1/400.
FunctionSerine/threonine protein involved in the signaling cascade converging to the activation of the transcription factor NF-kappa-B. May function as an IKK kinase, playing an essential role in the transcription of a subset of TNF-alpha-induced genes. Also mediates production of RANTES/CCL5 and interferon-beta/IFNB1. Has a pivotal role in the innate immune response. Phosphorylates Borna disease virus (BDV) P protein. Phosphorylates and activates IRF3 and IRF7 and allows their nuclear localization. This leads to production of alpha/beta interferons and the development of a cellular antiviral state. It also seems to be a central factor in the induction of the antiviral interferon response. Inhibition of its interaction with IRF3, due to HCV NS3 binding or BDV P protein seems to be one mechanism of inhibition of the innate immune responses of hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection or Borna disease virus infection respectively.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous with higher expression in testis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Ser/Thr protein kinase family. I-kappa-B kinase subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- EC 220.127.116.11 antibody
- FLJ11330 antibody
- FTDALS4 antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: NAK/TBK1 knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: HeLa cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: HepG2 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab109735 observed at 90 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8245, observed at 37 kDa.
ab109735 was shown to recognize NAK/TBK1 when NAK/TBK1 knockout samples were used, along with additional cross-reactive bands. Wild-type and NAK/TBK1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab109735 and ab8245 (loading control to GAPDH) were diluted at 1/1000 and 1/10 000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4°C. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1/10 000 dilution for 1 h at room temperature before imaging.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human testis tissue using ab109735 at a dilution of 1/250.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Purified ab109735 at 1/30 dilution (2µg) immunoprecipitating NAK/TBK1 in HeLa whole cell lysate.
Lane 1 (input): HeLa (Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysate 10µg
Lane 2 (+): ab109735 + HeLa whole cell lysate.
Lane 3 (-): Rabbit monoclonal IgG (ab172730) instead of ab109735 in HeLa whole cell lysate.
VeriBlot for IP Detection Reagent (HRP) (ab131366) (1/5000 dilution) was used for Western blotting.
Blocking Buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Diluting buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Observed band size: 84 kDa
ab109735 staining NAK/TBK1 in Human liver tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed and paraffin-embedded, antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in Tris/EDTA buffer pH9. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/800). An undiluted HRP-conjugated anti-rabbit IgG was used as the secondary antibody. Tissue counterstained with Hematoxylin.
All lanes : Anti-NAK/TBK1 antibody [EPR2867(2)-19] (ab109735) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : U937 cell lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 4 : 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 84 kDa
ab109735 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Wang X et al. Expression and prognostic role of IKBKE and TBK1 in stage I non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Manag Res 11:6593-6602 (2019). PubMed: 31406474
- Cao P et al. The heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein hnRNPM inhibits RNA virus-triggered innate immunity by antagonizing RNA sensing of RIG-I-like receptors. PLoS Pathog 15:e1007983 (2019). PubMed: 31433824
- Nie H et al. Bushen recipe and its disassembled prescriptions inhibit inflammation of liver injury associated with Concanavalin A through Toll-like receptor 3/9 signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 18:1682-1691 (2018). PubMed: 29845244
- Huang ZF et al. Human Cytomegalovirus Protein UL31 Inhibits DNA Sensing of cGAS to Mediate Immune Evasion. Cell Host Microbe 24:69-80.e4 (2018). PubMed: 29937271
- Sun MS et al. TMED2 Potentiates Cellular IFN Responses to DNA Viruses by Reinforcing MITA Dimerization and Facilitating Its Trafficking. Cell Rep 25:3086-3098.e3 (2018). PubMed: 30540941
- Morchikh M et al. HEXIM1 and NEAT1 Long Non-coding RNA Form a Multi-subunit Complex that Regulates DNA-Mediated Innate Immune Response. Mol Cell 67:387-399.e5 (2017). PubMed: 28712728
- Luo WW et al. iRhom2 is essential for innate immunity to RNA virus by antagonizing ER- and mitochondria-associated degradation of VISA. PLoS Pathog 13:e1006693 (2017). PubMed: 29155878
- He X et al. ERRa negatively regulates type I interferon induction by inhibiting TBK1-IRF3 interaction. PLoS Pathog 13:e1006347 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28591144
- Zheng Z et al. Bacterial E3 Ubiquitin Ligase IpaH4.5 of Shigella flexneri Targets TBK1 To Dampen the Host Antibacterial Response. J Immunol 196:1199-208 (2016). PubMed: 26700764
- Wei C et al. Elevated expression of TANK-binding kinase 1 enhances tamoxifen resistance in breast cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:E601-10 (2014). PubMed: 24449872