Key features and details
- Opioid antagonist
- CAS Number: 357-08-4
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in water to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameNaloxone hydrochloride, Opioid antagonist
Competitive opioid antagonist.
Chemical name(5α)-4,5-Epoxy-3,14-dihydro-17(2-propenyl)morphinan-6-one hydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120074 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Liu S et al. Effect of endomorphin-2 on orofacial pain induced by orthodontic tooth movement in rats. Eur J Oral Sci 127:408-416 (2019). PubMed: 31365768
- Birdsong WT et al. Synapse-specific opioid modulation of thalamo-cortico-striatal circuits. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31099753
- Arttamangkul S et al. Cellular tolerance at the µ-opioid receptor is phosphorylation dependent. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29589831
- Charlet A et al. Abnormal nociception and opiate sensitivity of STOP null mice exhibiting elevated levels of the endogenous alkaloid morphine. Mol Pain 6:96 (2010). PubMed: 21172011