Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Nanog
- Suitable for: ICC, ICC/IF, WB, Sandwich ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Nanog antibody
See all Nanog primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nanog
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC, ICC/IF, WB, Sandwich ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse
Concentration of Anti-Nanog antibody: 0.2 mg/mL
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab21624 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/200. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).
Some users report a stronger signal after blocking and diluting antibodies with 1% BSA instead of 5% milk.
|Sandwich ELISA||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5 µg/ml with Mouse monoclonal [1E6C4] to Nanog (ab76586) as Capture.|
FunctionTranscription regulator involved in inner cell mass and embryonic stem (ES) cells proliferation and self-renewal. Imposes pluripotency on ES cells and prevents their differentiation towards extraembryonic endoderm and trophectoderm lineages. Blocks bone morphogenetic protein-induced mesoderm differentiation of ES cells by physically interacting with SMAD1 and interfering with the recruitment of coactivators to the active SMAD transcriptional complexes (By similarity). Acts as a transcriptional activator or repressor (By similarity). Binds optimally to the DNA consensus sequence 5'-TAAT[GT][GT]-3' or 5'-[CG][GA][CG]C[GC]ATTAN[GC]-3' (By similarity). When overexpressed, promotes cells to enter into S phase and proliferation.
Tissue specificityExpressed in testicular carcinoma and derived germ cell tumors (at protein level). Expressed in fetal gonads, ovary and testis. Also expressed in ovary teratocarcinoma cell line and testicular embryonic carcinoma. Not expressed in many somatic organs and oocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Nanog homeobox family.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Developmental stageExpressed in embryonic stem (ES) and carcinoma (EC) cells. Expressed in inner cell mass (ICM) of the blastocyst and gonocytes between 14 and 19 weeks of gestation (at protein level). Not expressed in oocytes, unfertilized oocytes, 2-16 cell embryos and early morula (at protein level). Expressed in embryonic stem cells (ES). Expression decreases with ES differentiation.
- Information by UniProt
- Embryonic stem cell specific homeobox protein (Nanog) antibody
- ENK antibody
- FLJ12581 antibody
ab21624 at a 1/1000 dilution staining Nanog in human embryonic stem cells by ICC. An antibody towards Oct4, which has an identical staining pattern to ab21624, was used as a positive control.
All lanes : Anti-Nanog antibody (ab21624) at 1/200 dilution
Lane 1 : Human fetal fibroblast lysate
Lane 2 : Human iPS cell lysate
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
All lanes : Anti-Nanog antibody (ab21624) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : whole cell extract of mouse 3T3 cells expressing mouse Nanog.
Lane 2 : whole cell extract of mouse 3T3 cells expressing human Nanog.
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
Observed band size: 38 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab21624 recognizes human Nanog but does not recognize mouse Nanog in Western Blot.
Immunocytochemical analysis of Human iPSCs labeling Nanog with ab21624 at 1/75 dilution.
ab21624 has been referenced in 169 publications.
- Wang S et al. Rescue of premature aging defects in Cockayne syndrome stem cells by CRISPR/Cas9-mediated gene correction. Protein Cell 11:1-22 (2020). PubMed: 31037510
- Li Y et al. Generation of an induced pluripotent stem cell line (GIBHi004-A) from a Parkinson's disease patient with mutant DJ-1/PARK7 (p.L10P). Stem Cell Res 46:101845 (2020). PubMed: 32534165
- Fiedorowicz M et al. Renal carcinoma CD105-/CD44- cells display stem-like properties in vitro and form aggressive tumors in vivo. Sci Rep 10:5379 (2020). PubMed: 32214151
- Ebrahimi A et al. Bromodomain inhibition of the coactivators CBP/EP300 facilitate cellular reprogramming. Nat Chem Biol 15:519-528 (2019). PubMed: 30962627
- Panula S et al. Human induced pluripotent stem cells from two azoospermic patients with Klinefelter syndrome show similar X chromosome inactivation behavior to female pluripotent stem cells. Hum Reprod 34:2297-2310 (2019). PubMed: 31743397