Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [NNG-811] to Nanog
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IP, ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Nanog antibody [NNG-811]
See all Nanog primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [NNG-811] to Nanog
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IP, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length human Nanog.
- Extracts of NT2 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified Immunoglobulin
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62734 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 - 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 35 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionTranscription regulator involved in inner cell mass and embryonic stem (ES) cells proliferation and self-renewal. Imposes pluripotency on ES cells and prevents their differentiation towards extraembryonic endoderm and trophectoderm lineages. Blocks bone morphogenetic protein-induced mesoderm differentiation of ES cells by physically interacting with SMAD1 and interfering with the recruitment of coactivators to the active SMAD transcriptional complexes (By similarity). Acts as a transcriptional activator or repressor (By similarity). Binds optimally to the DNA consensus sequence 5'-TAAT[GT][GT]-3' or 5'-[CG][GA][CG]C[GC]ATTAN[GC]-3' (By similarity). When overexpressed, promotes cells to enter into S phase and proliferation.
Tissue specificityExpressed in testicular carcinoma and derived germ cell tumors (at protein level). Expressed in fetal gonads, ovary and testis. Also expressed in ovary teratocarcinoma cell line and testicular embryonic carcinoma. Not expressed in many somatic organs and oocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Nanog homeobox family.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
Developmental stageExpressed in embryonic stem (ES) and carcinoma (EC) cells. Expressed in inner cell mass (ICM) of the blastocyst and gonocytes between 14 and 19 weeks of gestation (at protein level). Not expressed in oocytes, unfertilized oocytes, 2-16 cell embryos and early morula (at protein level). Expressed in embryonic stem cells (ES). Expression decreases with ES differentiation.
- Information by UniProt
- Embryonic stem cell specific homeobox protein (Nanog) antibody
- ENK antibody
- FLJ12581 antibody
3T3 mouse fibroblasts were transfected with a mammalian expression vector expressing human Nanog and stained with ab62734 (5 mg/mL) followed by Goat Anti-Mouse, Cy3 conjugate. A clear detection of Nanog can be seen in nuclei of transfected cells.
Lane 1 : Anti-Nanog antibody [NNG-811] (ab62734) at 10 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-Nanog antibody [NNG-811] (ab62734) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Negative control – no primary antibody
All lanes : Cell extract of NT2 cells
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Mouse IgG
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 35 kDa
Observed band size: 40 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Nanog was immunoprecipitated from NT2/D1 (human embryonal testis carcinoma cell line) whole cell extract using ab62734.
Lane 1: 5 μg ab62734 IP in NT2/D1 whole cell extract.
Lane 2: 10 μg ab62734 IP in NT2/D1 whole cell extract.
Lane 3: Negative control without cell extract.
Lane 4: NT2/D1 whole cell extract (input).
ab62734 has been referenced in 30 publications.
- Meng TG et al. Mettl14 is required for mouse postimplantation development by facilitating epiblast maturation. FASEB J 33:1179-1187 (2019). PubMed: 30110177
- Chen S et al. RER1 enhances carcinogenesis and stemness of pancreatic cancer under hypoxic environment. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:15 (2019). PubMed: 30630537
- Grigor'eva EV et al. Generation of two iPSC lines (ICGi008-A and ICGi008-B) from skin fibroblasts of a patient with early-onset Alzheimer's disease caused by London familial APP mutation (V717I). Stem Cell Res 36:101415 (2019). PubMed: 30851551
- Surendran H et al. Differentiating Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSCs) Into Lung Epithelial Cells. Curr Protoc Stem Cell Biol 49:e86 (2019). PubMed: 30997959
- Topal T et al. Acoustic Tweezing Cytometry Induces Rapid Initiation of Human Embryonic Stem Cell Differentiation. Sci Rep 8:12977 (2018). PubMed: 30154528