Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Nanos3
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Nanos3 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Nanos3
Specificityab70001 does not cross-react with either Nanos1 or Nanos2.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic 16 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of the human Nanos3 (GenBank accession no. P60323).
- Human brain tissue lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70001 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 19 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 19 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml.|
FunctionPlays a role in the maintenance of the undifferentiated state of germ cells regulating the spermatogonia cell cycle and inducing a prolonged transit in G1 phase. Affects cell proliferation probably by repressing translation of specific mRNAs. Maintains the germ cell lineage by suppressing both Bax-dependent and -independent apoptotic pathways. Essential in the early stage embryo to protect the migrating primordial germ cells (PGCs) from apoptosis.
Tissue specificityOvary, testis and brain (at protein level). In the ovaries, expressed during multiple stages of oogenesis, including primordial, primary, secondary and antral follicles with the highest expression in the oocytes. In the testis, expressed in germ cells, type A spermatogonia (SA), primary spermatocytes (S1), round spermatids (S3) and elongated spermatids.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the nanos family.
Contains 1 nanos-type zinc finger.
Developmental stageFetal ovary and fetal testis (at protein level).
DomainThe Nanos-type zinc finger is composed of two C2HC motifs, each motif binding one molecule of zinc. It is essential for the translation repression activity of the protein.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Cytoplasmic granule. Cytoplasm > P-body. The cytoplasmic granules are stress granules which are a dense aggregation in the cytosol composed of proteins and RNAs that appear when the cell is under stress. Co-localizes with PUM2, EIF2S1 and TIAL1 in the stress granules. Co-localizes with DCP1A in the P-body.
- Information by UniProt
- NANO3_HUMAN antibody
- Nanos homolog 3 antibody
- NANOS3 antibody
ab70001 at 2.5µg/ml staining Nanos3 in human brain tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin embedded tissue sections).
Anti-Nanos3 antibody (ab70001) at 2 µg/ml + Human brain tissue lysate at 15 µg
Predicted band size: 19 kDa
Observed band size: 19 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab70001 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab70001, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899 Dylight 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Immunofluorescence of Nanos3 in Human Brain cells using ab70001 at 20 ug/ml.
ab70001 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Zhang F et al. Nanos3, a cancer-germline gene, promotes cell proliferation, migration, chemoresistance, and invasion of human glioblastoma. Cancer Cell Int 20:197 (2020). WB . PubMed: 32508533
- Zhao J et al. Expression pattern and potential role of Nanos3 in regulating testosterone biosynthesis in Leydig cells of sheep. Theriogenology 154:31-42 (2020). PubMed: 32474303
- Liu C et al. Identification of primordial germ cell-like cells as liver metastasis initiating cells in mouse tumour models. Cell Discov 6:15 (2020). PubMed: 32218989
- Liu C et al. Activation of the germ-cell potential of human bone marrow-derived cells by a chemical carcinogen. Sci Rep 4:5564 (2014). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 24998261
- Wu X et al. A NANOS3 mutation linked to protein degradation causes premature ovarian insufficiency. Cell Death Dis 4:e825 (2013). PubMed: 24091668
- Jørgensen A et al. Analysis of meiosis regulators in human gonads: a sexually dimorphic spatio-temporal expression pattern suggests involvement of DMRT1 in meiotic entry. Mol Hum Reprod : (2012). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 22899867
- Ma Z et al. Spontaneous germline potential of human hepatic cell line in vitro. Mol Hum Reprod : (2012). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 23204436
- Julaton VT & Reijo Pera RA NANOS3 function in human germ cell development. Hum Mol Genet 20:2238-50 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21421998