Product nameNaproxen sodium, Non-selective COX inhibitor
DescriptionNon-selective COX inhibitor
Biological descriptionNon-selective COX inhibitor (IC50 values are 9.3 and 28 μM at COX-1 and COX-2, respectively). Analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory effects
Chemical name(αS)-6-Methoxy-α-methyl-2-naphthaleneacetic acid sodium salt
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
This product has been referenced in:
- Levy D et al. Sensitization of meningeal nociceptors: inhibition by naproxen. Eur J Neurosci 27:917-22 (2008). Read more (PubMed: 18333963) »
- Dhir A et al. Protective effect of naproxen (non-selective COX-inhibitor) or rofecoxib (selective COX-2 inhibitor) on immobilization stress-induced behavioral and biochemical alterations in mice. Eur J Pharmacol 535:192-8 (2006). Read more (PubMed: 16522321) »
- Warner TD et al. Nonsteroid drug selectivities for cyclo-oxygenase-1 rather than cyclo-oxygenase-2 are associated with human gastrointestinal toxicity: a full in vitro analysis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:7563-8 (1999). Read more (PubMed: 10377455) »
- Sutton LB Naproxen sodium. J Am Pharm Assoc (Wash) NS36:663-7 (1996). Read more (PubMed: 8952254) »