Key features and details
- Expression system: Native
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: WB, Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE
Product nameNative human Calpain 1 protein (Active)
See all Calpain 1 proteins and peptides
>=1,000 units per mg protein.
One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that hydrolyzes one picomole of Suc-LLVY-AMC per minute at 25degC.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Protein lengthFull length protein
Predicted molecular weight110 kDa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91019 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Prepared from whole blood shown to be non-reactive for HBsAg, anti-HCV, anti-HBc, and negative for anti-HIV 1 & 2 by FDA approved tests.
Protein determination: Bradford Assay.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 0.14% Imidazole
Constituents: 0.038% EGTA, 0.039% Beta mercaptoethanol, 0.0292% EDTA, 30% Glycerol
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Ca2 activated neutral protease
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase small subunit
FunctionCalcium-regulated non-lysosomal thiol-protease which catalyze limited proteolysis of substrates involved in cytoskeletal remodeling and signal transduction.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C2 family.
Contains 1 calpain catalytic domain.
Contains 4 EF-hand domains.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Translocates to the plasma membrane upon Ca(2+) binding.
- Information by UniProt
SDS-PAGE: 4-12% Bis-Tris NuPAGE gel
Lane 1: 5 μg ab91019 (reduced /heated).
Lane 2: 10 μg ab91019 (reduced/ heated).
Lane 3: Molecular weight markers.
Lane 4: 5 μg ab91019 (non-reduced/no heat).
Lane 5: 10 μg ab91019 (non-reduced/no heat).
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab91019 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Wolhuter K et al. Evidence against Stable Protein S-Nitrosylation as a Widespread Mechanism of Post-translational Regulation. Mol Cell 69:438-450.e5 (2018). PubMed: 29358077
- Hossain MJ et al. The Soluble Form of Toll-Like Receptor 2 Is Elevated in Serum of Multiple Sclerosis Patients: A Novel Potential Disease Biomarker. Front Immunol 9:457 (2018). PubMed: 29593720
- Chen HH et al. Calpain-mediated tau fragmentation is altered in Alzheimer's disease progression. Sci Rep 8:16725 (2018). PubMed: 30425303
- Guo CJ et al. Discovery of Reactive Microbiota-Derived Metabolites that Inhibit Host Proteases. Cell 168:517-526.e18 (2017). PubMed: 28111075