Product nameNative human IgE protein (Azide free)
See all IgE proteins and peptides
Purity> 90 % SDS-PAGE.
Human IgE full length protein was purified by Protein L chromatography. As the IgE comes from a monoclonal cell line, there is no contamination of antibodies of other isotypes. The remaining contaminants are mainly components from Foetal Bovine Serum.
Endotoxin level< 25.000 Eu/mg
Protein lengthFull length protein
Amino Acid Sequence 1
Additional sequence informationObserved band of ~185kDa on SDS-PAGE
Amino Acid Sequence 2
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65866 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC - Wholemount
This product is purified Human IgE with kappa light chains produced in vitro from a monoclonal hybridoma.
This antigen is quite unique, because it is the only available IgE product, which originates from a human monoclonal cell line. Our IgE product shows superior advantage when compared to the traditionally purified polyclonal IgE from myeloma patients. A comparison which is highly superior on the following key parameters:.
- Less batch-to-batch variation
- Higher degree of purity (>90%)
- A more uniform product (monoclonal and not polyclonal)
IgE has been used in a variety of cell stimulation assays, including the following cell types:
- Human airway smooth muscle (HASM) cells
- mast cells (MC)
- Human bronchial/tracheal smooth muscle (B/TSM) cells
- acute myelogenous leukemia (AML) blasts
- Human neutrophils
Low endotoxin levels below < 25 EU/mg allow use of IgE protein in cellular immunology and in cell proliferation studies.
1 mg of ab65866 is 380,000± 50,000 IU/ml.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.00017% PBS, 0.00087% Sodium chloride
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Immunoglobulin heavy constant epsilon
RelevanceIgE is the class of antibodies produced in the lungs, skin, and mucous membranes. It may protect against parasite invasion, but it is a major factor in allergic reactions. The antigen-specific IgE interacts with mast cells and eosinophils, triggers the release of histamine, leukotrienes and other substances that lead to the itching, sneezing and congestion of allergies - and the life threatening respiratory distress of asthma and anaphylactic shock.
Cellular localizationCell Membrane
This product has been referenced in:
- Vidal M et al. Development of quantitative suspension array assays for six immunoglobulin isotypes and subclasses to multiple Plasmodium falciparum antigens. J Immunol Methods N/A:N/A (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29397157) »
- Wan Z et al. Photocleavage-based affinity purification of biomarkers from serum: Application to multiplex allergy testing. PLoS One 13:e0191987 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29389948) »