Product nameNative Human IgG2 protein
See all IgG2 proteins and peptides
Biological activityShown to be non reactive for HBsAg, anti-HCV, anti-HBc, and negative for anti-HIV 1 and 2 by FDA approved tests.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Protein lengthFull length protein
Additional sequence informationPrepared from myeloma plasma.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab90284 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Extinction Coefficient (E) 0.1% at 280nm =1.36.
Shown to be non reactive for HBsAg, anti-HCV, anti-HBc, and negative for anti-HIV 1 and 2 by FDA approved tests.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped on Dry Ice. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0536% PBS, 0.87% Sodium chloride
- Ig gamma-2 chain C region
- immunoglobulin Gm2
RelevanceThere are four IgG subclasses (IgG1, 2, 3 and 4) in humans, named in order of their abundance in serum (IgG1 being the most abundant). IgG2 is the only IgG subclass which passes through the placenta at a level generally lower than that found in the mother. A deficiency of IgG2 indicates a poor antibody response to bacterial polysaccharides and can lead to increased susceptibility to infections caused by encapsulated bacteria.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab90284 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Vidal M et al. Development of quantitative suspension array assays for six immunoglobulin isotypes and subclasses to multiple Plasmodium falciparum antigens. J Immunol Methods N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29397157
- Doi T et al. Urinary IgG4 and Smad1 Are Specific Biomarkers for Renal Structural and Functional Changes in Early Stages of Diabetic Nephropathy. Diabetes 67:986-993 (2018). PubMed: 29490904
- Shiroishi M et al. Structure-function analyses of a stereotypic rheumatoid factor unravel the structural basis for germline-encoded antibody autoreactivity. J Biol Chem 293:7008-7016 (2018). PubMed: 29523691
- Sinkovits G et al. Concentration and Subclass Distribution of Anti-ADAMTS13 IgG Autoantibodies in Different Stages of Acquired Idiopathic Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. Front Immunol 9:1646 (2018). PubMed: 30061898
- Masat E et al. Long-term exposure to Myozyme results in a decrease of anti-drug antibodies in late-onset Pompe disease patients. Sci Rep 6:36182 (2016). PubMed: 27812025