Key features and details
- Expression system: Native
- Purity: >= 90% SDS-PAGE
Product nameNative Human Laminin 5 protein
Purity>= 90 % SDS-PAGE.
by affinity chromatography
Protein lengthFull length protein
Additional sequence informationUniprot accession numbers: Q13751, Q13753, Q16787
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab42326 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Sourced from cell culture supernatant of Human foreskin keratinocytes. The protein is purified with an antibody against the beta 3 subunit.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 0.121% Sodium chloride, 0.88% Tris
RelevanceLaminins, a family of extracellular matrix glycoproteins, are the major noncollagenous constituent of basement membranes. They have been implicated in a wide variety of biological processes including cell adhesion, differentiation, migration, signaling, neurite outgrowth and metastasis. Laminins, composed of 3 non identical chains: laminin alpha, beta and gamma (formerly A, B1, and B2, respectively), have a cruciform structure consisting of 3 short arms, each formed by a different chain, and a long arm composed of all 3 chains. Each laminin chain is a multidomain protein encoded by a distinct gene. Several isoforms of each chain have been described. Different alpha, beta and gamma chain isomers combine to give rise to different heterotrimeric laminin isoforms which are designated by Arabic numerals in the order of their discovery, i.e. alpha1beta1gamma1 heterotrimer is laminin 1. The biological functions of the different chains and trimer molecules are largely unknown, but some of the chains have been shown to differ with respect to their tissue distribution, presumably reflecting diverse functions in vivo. This gene encodes the gamma chain isoform laminin, gamma 2. The gamma 2 chain, formerly thought to be a truncated version of beta chain (B2t), is highly homologous to the gamma 1 chain; however, it lacks domain VI, and domains V, IV and III are shorter. It is expressed in several fetal tissues but differently from gamma 1, and is specifically localized to epithelial cells in skin, lung and kidney. The gamma 2 chain together with alpha 3 and beta 3 chains constitute laminin 5 (earlier known as kalinin), which is an integral part of the anchoring filaments that connect epithelial cells to the underlying basement membrane. The epithelium-specific expression of the gamma 2 chain implied its role as an epithelium attachment molecule, and mutations in this gene have been associated with junctional epidermolysis bullosa, a skin disease characterized by blisters due to disruption of the epidermal-dermal junction. Two transcript variants resulting from alternative splicing of the 3' terminal exon, and encoding different isoforms of gamma 2 chain, have been described. The two variants are differentially expressed in embryonic tissues, however, the biological significance of the two forms is not known. Transcript variants utilizing alternative polyA_signal have also been noted in literature.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab42326 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Wu CC et al. Modulation of Mammalian Cardiomyocyte Cytokinesis by the Extracellular Matrix. Circ Res 127:896-907 (2020). PubMed: 32564729
- Jin SH et al. M. leprae interacts with the human epidermal keratinocytes, neonatal (HEKn) via the binding of laminin-5 with a-dystroglycan, integrin-ß1, or -ß4. PLoS Negl Trop Dis 13:e0007339 (2019). PubMed: 31233498
- Smith R et al. Using Microarrays to Interrogate Microenvironmental Impact on Cellular Phenotypes in Cancer. J Vis Exp N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31180341
- Jokela TA et al. Microenvironment-Induced Non-sporadic Expression of the AXL and cKIT Receptors Are Related to Epithelial Plasticity and Drug Resistance. Front Cell Dev Biol 6:41 (2018). PubMed: 29719832
- Li Y et al. MMP-2 and MMP-13 affect vasculogenic mimicry formation in large cell lung cancer. J Cell Mol Med 21:3741-3751 (2017). PubMed: 28766880
- Sankiewicz A et al. SPR imaging biosensor for determination of laminin-5 as a potential cancer marker in biological material. Anal Bioanal Chem 408:5269-76 (2016). PubMed: 27209594
- Ren Y et al. Hypoxia-induced changes to integrin a 3 glycosylation facilitate invasion in epidermoid carcinoma cell line A431. Mol Cell Proteomics 13:3126-37 (2014). PubMed: 25078904
- Fennewald SM et al. Laminin Interaction with Head and Neck Cancer Cells under Low Fluid Shear Conditions Leads to Integrin Activation and Binding. J Biol Chem : (2012). PubMed: 22547070
- Cheng CY et al. Novel laminin 5 gamma 2-chain fragments potentiating the limbal epithelial cell outgrowth on amniotic membrane. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:4631-9 (2009). PubMed: 19420329