Key features and details
- Expression system: Native
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: WB, SDS-PAGE, Functional Studies
Product nameNative human Neutrophil Elastase protein (Active)
See all Neutrophil Elastase proteins and peptides
Activity: 20-22 units per mg protein.
One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that hydrolyzes one micromole of Meo-suc-ala-pro-val-pNA per minute at 25°C in 100 mM Tris-HCl, pH 7.5, with 500 mM NaCl.
Prepared from whole blood shown to be non reactive for HBsAg, anti-HCV, anti-HBc, and negative for anti-HIV 1 & 2 by FDA approved tests.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMTLGRRLACL FLACVLPALL LGGTALASEI VGGRRARPHA WPFMVSLQLR GGHFCGATLI APNFVMSAAH CVANVNVRAV RVVLGAHNLS RREPTRQVFA VQRIFENGYD PVNLLNDIVI LQLNGSATIN ANVQVAQLPA QGRRLGNGVQ CLAMGWGLLG RNRGIASVLQ ELNVTVVTSL CRRSNVCTLV RGRQAGVCFG DSGSPLVCNG LIHGIASFVR GGCASGLYPD AFAPVAQFVN WIDSIIQRSE DNPCPHPRDP DPASRTH
Predicted molecular weight30 kDa
Amino acids1 to 267
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91099 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Reconstitute in 50 mM Na acetate pH 5.5 with 150 mM NaCl.
Dissolve at a concentration of 1 to 2 mg/mL and store at -20 degrees C. If not immediately frozen, this enzyme should be used promptly to limit loss of activity.
Protein Determination: Extinction Coefficient (E) 0.1% at 280nm, 1cm pathway = 0.985.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituent: 100% Elastase
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
ReconstitutionAfter initial centrifugation, we suggest the addition of 50 mM Na Acetate, pH 5.5, with 150 mM NaCl to the original volume, followed by gentle swirling and/or vortexing to ensure adequate homogenization.
- Bone marrow serine protease
FunctionModifies the functions of natural killer cells, monocytes and granulocytes. Inhibits C5a-dependent neutrophil enzyme release and chemotaxis.
Tissue specificityBone marrow cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ELANE are a cause of cyclic haematopoiesis (CH) [MIM:162800]; also known as cyclic neutropenia. CH is an autosomal dominant disease in which blood-cell production from the bone marrow oscillates with 21-day periodicity. Circulating neutrophils vary between almost normal numbers and zero. During intervals of neutropenia, affected individuals are at risk for opportunistic infection. Monocytes, platelets, lymphocytes and reticulocytes also cycle with the same frequency.
Defects in ELANE are the cause of neutropenia severe congenital autosomal dominant type 1 (SCN1) [MIM:202700]. SCN1 is a disorder of hematopoiesis characterized by a maturation arrest of granulopoiesis at the level of promyelocytes with peripheral blood absolute neutrophil counts below 0.5 x 10(9)/l and early onset of severe bacterial infections.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family. Elastase subfamily.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
- Information by UniProt
12% Bis-Tris NuPAGE gel
Lane 1: 5 μg Neutrophil Elastase (reduced/heated)
Lane 2: 10 μg Neutrophil Elastase (reduced/heated)
Lane 3: 20 μg Neutrophil Elastase (reduced/heated)
Lane 4: Molecular weight markers
Anti-Neutrophil Elastase antibody (ab68672) at 1 µg/ml +
Native human Neutrophil Elastase protein (Active) (ab91099) at 0.01 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Exposure time: 2 minutes
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab91099 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Xu Y et al. Synthesis and evaluation of benzenesulfonic acid derivatives as human neutrophil elastase (hNE) inhibitors. Med Chem Res N/A:1-12 (2021). PubMed: 33456292
- Jensen C et al. Granzyme B Degraded Type IV Collagen Products in Serum Identify Melanoma Patients Responding to Immune Checkpoint Blockade. Cancers (Basel) 12:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32998446
- Kao SS et al. The effect of neutrophil serine proteases on human nasal epithelial cell barrier function. Int Forum Allergy Rhinol 9:1220-1226 (2019). PubMed: 31403754
- Boon L et al. Propeptide glycosylation and galectin-3 binding decrease proteolytic activation of human proMMP-9/progelatinase B. FEBS J 286:930-945 (2019). PubMed: 30422384
- Wen G et al. Genetic and Pharmacologic Inhibition of the Neutrophil Elastase Inhibits Experimental Atherosclerosis. J Am Heart Assoc 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29437605
- Thorlacius-Ussing J et al. Non-invasive profiling of protease-specific elastin turnover in lung cancer: biomarker potential. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30467633