Key features and details
- Expression system: Native
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE
Product nameNative Mouse Fibronectin protein
See all Fibronectin proteins and peptides
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
ab92784 is > 98% pure by SDS-PAGE. Purified from mouse plasma
Protein lengthFull length protein
Predicted molecular weight220 kDa
Amino acids33 to 2477
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92784 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Additional notesThaw the fibronectin by placing the vial in a 37°C water bath and leaving it undisturbed until completely thawed. Do not disturb the vial at any time during the thawing process. If the vial is disturbed or removed prior to complete thawing, the fibronectin will form a gel and be unusable. Mix very gently with pipette after thawing. Vortexing, excessive agitation, repeated freezing and thawing of fibronectin are not recommended.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 1.58% Tris HCl, 0.87% Sodium chloride
- Cold insoluble globulin
- Cold-insoluble globulin
FunctionFibronectins bind cell surfaces and various compounds including collagen, fibrin, heparin, DNA, and actin. Fibronectins are involved in cell adhesion, cell motility, opsonization, wound healing, and maintenance of cell shape. Involved in osteoblast compaction through the fibronectin fibrillogenesis cell-mediated matrix assembly process, essential for osteoblast mineralization. Participates in the regulation of type I collagen deposition by osteoblasts.
Anastellin binds fibronectin and induces fibril formation. This fibronectin polymer, named superfibronectin, exhibits enhanced adhesive properties. Both anastellin and superfibronectin inhibit tumor growth, angiogenesis and metastasis. Anastellin activates p38 MAPK and inhibits lysophospholipid signaling.
Tissue specificityPlasma FN (soluble dimeric form) is secreted by hepatocytes. Cellular FN (dimeric or cross-linked multimeric forms), made by fibroblasts, epithelial and other cell types, is deposited as fibrils in the extracellular matrix. Ugl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are found in urine.
Involvement in diseaseGlomerulopathy with fibronectin deposits 2
Sequence similaritiesContains 12 fibronectin type-I domains.
Contains 2 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 16 fibronectin type-III domains.
Developmental stageUgl-Y1, Ugl-Y2 and Ugl-Y3 are present in the urine from 0 to 17 years of age.
It is not known whether both or only one of Thr-2064 and Thr-2065 are/is glycosylated.
Forms covalent cross-links mediated by a transglutaminase, such as F13A or TGM2, between a glutamine and the epsilon-amino group of a lysine residue, forming homopolymers and heteropolymers (e.g. fibrinogen-fibronectin, collagen-fibronectin heteropolymers).
Phosphorylated by FAM20C in the extracellular medium.
Proteolytic processing produces the C-terminal NC1 peptide, anastellin.
Cellular localizationSecreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab92784 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Zhang J et al. Discovery of a new class of integrin antibodies for fibrosis. Sci Rep 11:2118 (2021). PubMed: 33483531
- Zuo R et al. Rapamycin Induced Autophagy Inhibits Inflammation-Mediated Endplate Degeneration by Enhancing Nrf2/Keap1 Signaling of Cartilage Endplate Stem Cells. Stem Cells 37:828-840 (2019). PubMed: 30840341
- Zhovmer AS et al. The role of nonmuscle myosin 2A and 2B in the regulation of mesenchymal cell contact guidance. Mol Biol Cell 30:1961-1973 (2019). PubMed: 31318315
- Kashima T et al. Heterogeneous expression patterns of fibronectin in the mouse subiculum. J Chem Neuroanat 98:131-138 (2019). PubMed: 31054323
- Fei D et al. Fibronectin (FN) cooperated with TLR2/TLR4 receptor to promote innate immune responses of macrophages via binding to integrin ß1. Virulence 9:1588-1600 (2018). PubMed: 30272511
- Shen Y et al. Recombinant Decorin Fusion Protein Attenuates Murine Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Formation and Rupture. Sci Rep 7:15857 (2017). PubMed: 29158532