Key features and details
- Expression system: BHK cells
- Purity: = 95% Ion Exchange Chromatography
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE, WB
Product nameNative Mouse MMP9 protein
See all MMP9 proteins and peptides
Purity= 95 % Ion Exchange Chromatography.
Purified from cell culture media of BHK cells, free of its endogenous inhibitor, TIMP1, and other matrix metalloproteinases.
Expression systemBHK cells
Protein lengthFull length protein
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39309 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Mouse-MMP9 degrades denatured collagen (gelatin), and a range of extracellular matrix components in-vivo. Unlike MMP2, MMP9 is not constituitively produced by most normal cells, although the enzyme is often over expressed by transformed cells, tumor cells, and cells treated with the phorbol ester PMA. An endogenous inhibitor to MMP9, TIMP1, is often complexed with the enzyme in-vivo, but has been removed from this preparation.
ab39309 is a mix of active and latent enzymes, approximately 25% active.
For Gelatin zymography the MMP9 does not need to be pre-activated, the SDS in the sample buffer will activate the enzyme sufficiently. For any other assays, or to get maximum activity the MMP9 will need activation, as is is mostly in latent form. APMA at 1 mM works, in a buffer of PBS with 10 mM CaCl2, 100 μM ZnCl2, and 0.05% Brij-35, 37ºC for a minimum of 1 hour.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 1.45% Sodium chloride
- 82 kDa matrix metalloproteinase-9
- 92 kDa gelatinase
- 92 kDa type IV collagenase
FunctionMay play an essential role in local proteolysis of the extracellular matrix and in leukocyte migration. Could play a role in bone osteoclastic resorption. Cleaves KiSS1 at a Gly-
-Leu bond. Cleaves type IV and type V collagen into large C-terminal three quarter fragments and shorter N-terminal one quarter fragments. Degrades fibronectin but not laminin or Pz-peptide.
Tissue specificityProduced by normal alveolar macrophages and granulocytes.
Involvement in diseaseIntervertebral disc disease
Metaphyseal anadysplasia 2
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 3 fibronectin type-II domains.
Contains 4 hemopexin repeats.
DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
modificationsProcessing of the precursor yields different active forms of 64, 67 and 82 kDa. Sequentially processing by MMP3 yields the 82 kDa matrix metalloproteinase-9.
N- and O-glycosylated.
Cellular localizationSecreted, extracellular space, extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
All lanes : Anti-MMP9 antibody (ab38898) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Native human MMP9 protein (Proenzyme, monomer) (ab157344)
Lane 2 :
Native Mouse MMP9 protein (ab39309)
Lysates/proteins at 0.1 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-Tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 60 minutes before being transferred onto a nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour before being incubated with anti-MMP9 antibody (ab38898; 2 microgram per mL) overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using infrared labelled goat anti-rabbit (green) antibody (diluted 1:20000) for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab39309 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Koskinen MK et al. From stress to depression: development of extracellular matrix-dependent cognitive impairment following social stress. Sci Rep 10:17308 (2020). PubMed: 33057053
- Chiang HY et al. R1R2 peptide ameliorates pulmonary fibrosis in mice through fibrocyte migration and differentiation. PLoS One 12:e0185811 (2017). PubMed: 28968441
- Nighot P et al. Matrix metalloproteinase 9-induced increase in intestinal epithelial tight junction permeability contributes to the severity of experimental DSS colitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 309:G988-97 (2015). PubMed: 26514773
- Lluri G et al. Tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) regulates myogenesis and beta1 integrin expression in vitro. Exp Cell Res 314:11-24 (2008). PubMed: 17678891