Key features and details
- Expression system: Native
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, SDS-PAGE
Product nameNative Mouse Vitronectin/S-Protein
See all Vitronectin/S-Protein proteins and peptides
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
ab92727 was prepared from fresh Mouse plasma using urea as a denaturant.
Protein lengthFull length protein
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92727 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped on dry ice. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -80ºC. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.82% Sodium phosphate, 0.58% Sodium chloride
- Complement S Protein
- S Protein
FunctionVitronectin is a cell adhesion and spreading factor found in serum and tissues. Vitronectin interact with glycosaminoglycans and proteoglycans. Is recognized by certain members of the integrin family and serves as a cell-to-substrate adhesion molecule. Inhibitor of the membrane-damaging effect of the terminal cytolytic complement pathway.
Somatomedin-B is a growth hormone-dependent serum factor with protease-inhibiting activity.
Sequence similaritiesContains 4 hemopexin repeats.
Contains 1 SMB (somatomedin-B) domain.
DomainThe SMB domain mediates interaction with SERPINE1/PAI1. The heparin-binding domain mediates interaction with insulin.
modificationsSulfated on 2 tyrosine residues.
N- and O-glycosylated.
Phosphorylation on Thr-69 and Thr-76 favors cell adhesion and spreading.
It has been suggested that the active SMB domain may be permitted considerable disulfide bond heterogeneity or variability, thus two alternate disulfide patterns based on 3D structures are described with 1 disulfide bond conserved in both.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracellular medium.
Cellular localizationSecreted, extracellular space.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab92727 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Bae HB et al. Vitronectin inhibits efferocytosis through interactions with apoptotic cells as well as with macrophages. J Immunol 190:2273-81 (2013). Functional Studies . PubMed: 23345331
- Bae HB et al. Vitronectin inhibits neutrophil apoptosis through activation of integrin-associated signaling pathways. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 46:790-6 (2012). Functional Studies ; Mouse . PubMed: 22281987
- Zmijewski JW et al. Inhibition of neutrophil apoptosis by PAI-1. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 301:L247-54 (2011). PubMed: 21622848