Product nameNative R Phycoerythrin/rpeA protein
See all R Phycoerythrin/rpeA proteins and peptides
Protein lengthFull length protein
Amino Acid Sequence
Molecular weight240 kDa
- Anti-R Phycoerythrin/rpeA antibody (ab117263)
- Anti-R Phycoerythrin/rpeA antibody (Rhodamine) (ab34717)
- Anti-R Phycoerythrin/rpeA antibody (ab34721)
- Anti-R Phycoerythrin/rpeA antibody (FITC) (ab34723)
- Anti-R Phycoerythrin/rpeA antibody (HRP) (ab34727)
- Anti-R Phycoerythrin/rpeA antibody (Alkaline Phosphatase) (ab34729)
- Anti-R Phycoerythrin/rpeA antibody (Biotin) (ab34730)
- Anti-R Phycoerythrin/rpeA antibody (Texas Red ®) (ab34734)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab123767 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Additional notesBefore use, centrifuge the suspension at 10,000g for 10 min at 4°C. Discard the supernatant and resuspend the pellet into the desired buffer. Desalt the sample using either Sephadex G-25 or dialysis.
This product was previously labelled as R Phycoerythrin
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze. Store In the Dark.
Constituents: Ammonium sulphate, Sodium phosphate
- R phycoerythrin alpha subunit
- R phycoerythrin beta subunit
RelevancePhycoerythrin is one of a series of fluorescent pigments known as phycobiliproteins, which are produced by red and blue green algae. It occurs in more than one form, and has found application in immunology and diagnostic medicine. B and R Phycoerythrins provide superior labeling compared to fluorescein and rhodamine, and are used for labeling antibodies, usually monoclonals. These dyes may also be coupled to enzymes and other proteins, nucleic acids, polypeptide hormones, drugs, etc. Since phycoerythrins absorb light maximally between 450 and 650nm they fill the need for an intense fluorescent dye in the longer wavelengths of the visible spectrum, thereby avoiding interference from naturally fluorescing biological substances. R Phycoerythrin (240 kDa) is a labile molecule that may dissociate into components upon exposure to reducing or denaturing agents.
Cellular localizationPlastid; chloroplast; chloroplast thylakoid lumen. Periphery of the rods of the phycobilisome.
ab123767 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.