Key features and details
- Expression system: Native
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Suitable for: WB, Dot blot, ELISA, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, Immunomicroscopy
Product nameNative Staphylococcus aureus Protein A (HRP)
See all Protein A proteins and peptides
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Chromatographically pure, a single band by SDS-PAGE.
Protein lengthFull length protein
Predicted molecular weight56 kDa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7456 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections)
Immunohistochemistry (Frozen sections)
Additional notesMolecular Weight (protein A): 42,000 daltons Extinction Coefficient: 0.1% at 280 nm is 0.14 (E0.1% of 0.14)
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Preservative: 0.01% Gentamicin sulphate
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 1.5% BSA
- gG-binding protein A
- Immunoglobulin G binding protein A
- Staphylococcal protein A
RelevanceProtein A is a surface protein of S.aureus which binds IgG molecules by their Fc region. In serum, the bacteria will bind IgG molecules in the wrong orientation on their surface which hinders opsonization and phagocytosis. Mutants of S. aureus lacking protein A are more efficiently phagocytosed in vitro, and mutants in infection models have diminished virulence. Due to its affinity for the Fc region of many mammalian immunoglobulins, protein A is considered a universal reagent in biochemistry and immunology.
Cellular localizationSecreted; cell wall.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab7456 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Kuninaga N et al. Serological and histological evaluation of species-specific immunocontraceptive vaccine antigens based on zona pellucida 3 in the small Indian mongoose (Herpestes auropunctatus). J Vet Med Sci 81:328-337 (2019). PubMed: 30587673
- Mahajan D et al. Dopey1-Mon2 complex binds to dual-lipids and recruits kinesin-1 for membrane trafficking. Nat Commun 10:3218 (2019). PubMed: 31324769
- Liu J et al. Topoisomerase inhibitors promote cancer cell motility via ROS-mediated activation of JAK2-STAT1-CXCL1 pathway. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 38:370 (2019). PubMed: 31438997
- Bhattacharyya T et al. Prdm9 and Meiotic Cohesin Proteins Cooperatively Promote DNA Double-Strand Break Formation in Mammalian Spermatocytes. Curr Biol 29:1002-1018.e7 (2019). PubMed: 30853435
- Shi M et al. Amino acids stimulate the endosome-to-Golgi trafficking through Ragulator and small GTPase Arl5. Nat Commun 9:4987 (2018). PubMed: 30478271