Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Tags: His tag N-Terminus
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, Functional Studies
Product nameNative Streptolysin O (Hemolytic streptococcus) protein
See all Streptolysin O (Hemolytic streptococcus) proteins and peptides
Definition of 1HU is activation of 50% hemolysis by incubating 3% sheep red blood cells at 37? for 30 minutes.
The specific activity is as high as 1,200,000- 2,000,000 hemolytic units (HU) /mg.
Purity> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
Purity >98% SDS-PAGE.
Expression systemEscherichia coli
Protein lengthFull length protein
SequenceMGGSHHHHHH GMASMTGGQQ MGRDLYDDDD KDPSSR NKQN TANTETTTTN EQPKPESSEL TTEKAGQKMD DMLNSNDMIK LAPKEMPLES AEKEEKKSED NKKSEEDHTE EINDKIYSLN YNELEVLAKN GETIENFVPK EGVKKADKFI VIERKKKNIN TTPVDISIID SVTDRTYPAA LQLANKGFTE NKPDAVVTKR NPQKIHIDLP GMGDKATVEV NDPTYANVST AIDNLVNQWH DNYSGGNTLP ARTQYTESMV YSKSQIEAAL NVNSKILDGT LGIDFKSISK GEKKVMIAAY KQIFYTVSAN LPNNPADVFD KSVTLKELQR KGVSNEAPPL FVSNVAYGRT VFVKLETSSK SNDVEAAFSA ALKGTDVKTN GKYSDILENS SFTAVVLGGD AAEHNKVVTK DFDVIRNVIK DNATFSRKNP AYPISYTSVF LKNNKIAGVN NRSEYVETTS TEYTSGKINL SHQGAYVAQY EILWDEINYD DKGKEVITKR RWDNNWYSKT SPFSTVIPLG ANSRNIRIMA RECTGLAWEW WRKVIDERDV KLSKEINVNI SGSTLSPYGS ITYK
TagsHis tag N-Terminus
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63978 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Information about health hazards:
Target: Cholesterol on human and animal cell membrane
Health Hazards: May be fatal if enters bloodstream.
LD50-Lethal dose (50 percent kill) intravenous,
Rabbit, 1500 ng/kg (Ref :PHTHDT Pharmacology and Therapeutics. (Pergamon Press Ltd.,Headington Hill Hall, Oxford OX3 0BW, UK) Vol.(Issue) 11, Page 661,1981 )
Guinea pig, 12 ug/kg (Ref: BICMBE Biochimie. (SPPIF, B.P.22, F-41353 Vineuil, France, Vol.(Issue)55,Page 1187, 1973)
Toxicity is much less when introduced via other routes of entry like interdermal injection.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped on Dry Ice. Store at -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Constituents: 49% Water, 0.015% DTT, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.1% Streptolysin, x1 Phosphate Buffered Saline
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Streptolysin O
- Streptolysin O (Thiol-activated cytolysin) slo
RelevanceStreptolysin O (SLO) is a membrane-damaging extracellular toxin produced by hemolytic streptococci. The membrane-damaging activity is measured by hemolysis of red-blood cell. SLO is oxygen-sensitive and is easily inactivated in its presence but can be reactivated by thiol compounds , so it is also called thiol-activated cytolysin. SLO is produced not only by Group A hemolytic streptococci but also by Group C and Group G strains. The amino acid sequences are highly conserved among them and their homology is over 98%.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab63978 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Wang F et al. Interferon Gamma Induces Reversible Metabolic Reprogramming of M1 Macrophages to Sustain Cell Viability and Pro-Inflammatory Activity. EBioMedicine 30:303-316 (2018). PubMed: 29463472
- Blanca Ramírez M et al. GTP binding regulates cellular localization of Parkinson's disease-associated LRRK2. Hum Mol Genet 26:2747-2767 (2017). PubMed: 28453723
- Siau A et al. Proteome mapping of Plasmodium: identification of the P. yoelii remodellome. Sci Rep 6:31055 (2016). PubMed: 27503796
- Lee YK et al. Modeling of Friedreich ataxia-related iron overloading cardiomyopathy using patient-specific-induced pluripotent stem cells. Pflugers Arch 466:1831-44 (2014). Functional Studies . PubMed: 24327207