For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
Take a look at our BETA site and see what we’ve done so far.
Search and browse selected products
Purchase these through your usual distributor
Multiplex assays combine several target analytes in a single reaction volume to enable researchers to measure multiple biomarkers simultaneously. By measuring multiple analytes in the same reaction volume, multiplex assays allow you to harvest more insightful data to inform better decision-making, accelerate research and increase the pace of discovery.
We offer a wide range of multiplex assays, such as antibody arrays and FirePlex® assays, including our class-leading high-throughput FirePlex-384 and FirePlex-1536 formats.
Our FirePlex multiplex assays are designed with multiplexing in mind, to help you overcome common challenges in biomarker analysis and accelerate discovery. FirePlex particle technology allows us to build multiplex assays with high plex, sensitivity, and high throughput capacity (in 384-well and 1536-well plate formats).
Compared to traditional multiplex assays, FirePlex assays provide a faster, automatable workflow, smaller sample requirements, and easy readout on both flow cytometers and high-content imagers, saving hands-on time and sample. With the high sensitivity and unrivaled reproducibility capabilities of recombinant antibodies, FirePlex multiplex assays power your progress with robust, consistent data.
We offer FirePlex assays for multiplex proteins (FirePlex immunoassays) or miRNA (FirePlex miRNA assays) analysis, including:
- FirePlex-96 immunoassay: up to 70-plex in 96-well plate, ideal for biomarker profiling.
- FirePlex-384 and FirePlex-1536 immunoassays: up to 10-plex high-throughput (384- and 1536-well) formats with no-wash, automated workflow, suitable for drug discovery and high-throughput compound or biomarker screening
- FirePlex miRNA assays: miRNAs profiling directly from small amounts of biofluid or FFPE, without RNA purification or pre-amplification steps.
Our antibody arrays, which are similar to ELISA but with enhanced multiplexing capabilities, can analyze hundreds of different proteins simultaneously at significantly lower cost, time, and effort.
Quantitative and semi-quantitative arrays offer 40 and 96 analyte multiplexing respectively, for comparative analysis of cytokines, chemokines, growth factors, as well as many other biological proteins and pathways in human, mouse, rat, and other species.
FirePlexis a registered trademark in the United States and is an unregistered trademark elsewhere.
Conduct miRNA profiling directly from small amounts of biofluid or FFPE:
- No sample preprocessing or RNA extraction
- Small sample volumes
- Multiplexibility - up to 70-plex (65 miRNA and 5 internal controls)
- Assay readout on a flow cytometer
- Free data analysis software
Fully customizible and highly sensitive multiplex panels enable you to analyze up to 70 analytes simultaneously on standard flow cytometers:
- 0.5 pg/mL to 30,000 pg/mL detection
- Up 5-log dynamic range
- Only 12.5 µL of sample input, direct from biofluids
- Free data analysis software
Accelerate your path to clinical success with our high-throughput, automation-friendly format, to facilitate high-volume biomarker testing throughout drug discovery:
- 384- and 1536-well plate format
- Streamlined workflow
- Easy readout on high-content imagers
Cytokine arrays and other antibody arrays can be used to measure the levels of hundreds of cytokines in a sample simultaneously.