Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR6743] to MDA5
- Suitable for: WB
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Human
Related conjugates and formulations
Product nameAnti-MDA5 antibody [EPR6743]
See all MDA5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR6743] to MDA5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide. This information is proprietary to Abcam and/or its suppliers.
- THP1 treated with LPS cell lysate.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab126630 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 117 kDa.
1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 117 kDa.
FunctionRNA helicase that, through its ATP-dependent unwinding of RNA, may function to promote message degradation by specific RNases. Seems to have growth suppressive properties. Involved in innate immune defense against viruses. Upon interaction with intracellular dsRNA produced during viral replication, triggers a transduction cascade involving MAVS/IPS1, which results in the activation of NF-kappa-B, IRF3 and IRF7 and the induction of the expression of antiviral cytokines such as IFN-beta and RANTES (CCL5). ATPase activity is specifically induced by dsRNA. Essential for the production of interferons in response to picornaviruses.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed, at a low level. Expression is detected at slightly highest levels in placenta, pancreas and spleen and at barely levels in detectable brain, testis and lung.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variation in IFIH1 is associated with diabetes mellitus insulin-dependent type 19 (IDDM19) [MIM:610155]. A multifactorial disorder of glucose homeostasis that is characterized by susceptibility to ketoacidosis in the absence of insulin therapy. Clinical fetaures are polydipsia, polyphagia and polyuria which result from hyperglycemia-induced osmotic diuresis and secondary thirst. These derangements result in long-term complications that affect the eyes, kidneys, nerves, and blood vessels.
Note=IFIH1 is the CADM-140 autoantigen, involved in clinically amyopathic dermatomyositis (CADM). This is a chronic inflammatory disorder that shows typical skin manifestations of dermatomyositis but has no or little evidence of clinical myositis. Anti-CADM-140 antibodies appear to be specific to dermatomyositis, especially CADM. Patients with anti-CADM-140 antibodies frequently develop life-threatening acute progressive interstitial lung disease (ILD).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the helicase family.
Contains 2 CARD domains.
Contains 1 helicase ATP-binding domain.
Contains 1 helicase C-terminal domain.
modificationsDuring apoptosis, processed into 3 cleavage products. The helicase-containing fragment, once liberated from the CARD domains, translocate from the cytoplasm to the nucleus. The processed protein significantly sensitizes cells to DNA degradation.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. May be found in the nucleus, during apoptosis.
- Information by UniProt
- CADM-140 autoantigen antibody
- Clinically amyopathic dermatomyositis autoantigen 140 kDa antibody
- DEAD/H (Asp Glu Ala Asp/His) box polypeptide antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: MDA5 knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: THP cell lysate with 100 nM PAM for 6 h (20 µg)
Lane 4: THP cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab126630 observed at 130 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8245, observed at 37 kDa.
ab126630 was shown to specifically react with MDA5 when MDA5 knockout samples were used. Wild-type and MDA5 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab126630 and ab8245 (loading control to GAPDH) were diluted 1/1000 and 1/2000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4°C. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1/10 000 dilution for 1 h at room temperature before imaging.
Anti-MDA5 antibody [EPR6743] (ab126630) at 1/1000 dilution + THP1 treated with LPS cell lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-rabbit HRP conjugated antibody at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 117 kDa
ab126630 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Lopacinski AB et al. Modeling the complete kinetics of coxsackievirus B3 reveals human determinants of host-cell feedback. Cell Syst 12:304-323.e13 (2021). PubMed: 33740397
- Xu W et al. Long non-coding RNA GAS5 accelerates oxidative stress in melanoma cells by rescuing EZH2-mediated CDKN1C downregulation. Cancer Cell Int 20:116 (2020). PubMed: 32308561
- Zhao X et al. Activation of C-Type Lectin Receptor and (RIG)-I-Like Receptors Contributes to Proinflammatory Response in Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-Infected Macrophages. J Infect Dis 221:647-659 (2020). PubMed: 31562757
- Zhuang T et al. Intracellular virus sensor MDA5 exacerbates vitiligo by inducing the secretion of chemokines in keratinocytes under virus invasion. Cell Death Dis 11:453 (2020). PubMed: 32532953
- Mateer EJ et al. Visualization of Double-Stranded RNA Colocalizing With Pattern Recognition Receptors in Arenavirus Infected Cells. Front Cell Infect Microbiol 8:251 (2018). PubMed: 30087859
- Zhang Y et al. Hantaan virus infection induces CXCL10 expression through TLR3, RIG-I, and MDA-5 pathways correlated with the disease severity. Mediators Inflamm 2014:697837 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24701034