For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume you’re happy with this.
I tired antibody (ab65166), however again I did not have a band present. Is there anything else I can try?
Asked on Nov 16 2012
Thank you very much for keeping me updated about the results with ab65166.
I'm sorry to hear that there was still no band on the blot. Would you mind telling me some more about the protocol you used with ab65166?
1) Are you still using rat hippocampus lysates? How much protein was loaded per lane of the gel?
2) Could you describe the electrophoresis and gel conditions (% of the gel etc.)?
3) Could you describe the transfer and blocking conditions (buffer, transfer time, blocking agent etc.)?
4) Does the secondary antibody work with other primaries?
5) Detection method (ECL, ECLPlus etc.)
6) Did the ladder proteins transfer, or did you confirm transfer of the high molecular proteins via Ponceau stain?
We don't have any other antibodies to Nav1.6 that have been tested in Western blot with rat lysates, but I'll see if there are any protocol suggestions that we can make. If the results are still not satisfactory, we can arrange a credit or refund for your original purchase.
Please let me know if you have further questions or comments, and I'll be happy to help.
Answered on Nov 16 2012