Product nameNBQX disodium salt, AMPA / kainate antagonist
DescriptionAMPA / kainate antagonist; water soluble
Biological descriptionWater soluble, potent, selective and competitive AMPA / kainate receptor antagonist. Neuroprotective and anticonvulsant in vivo.
Also available in simple stock solutions (ab144489) - add 1 ml of water to get an exact, ready-to-use concentration.
Chemical name2,3-Dioxo-6-nitro-1,2,3,4-tetrahydrobenzo[f]quinoxaline-7-sulfonamide disodium salt
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
This product is supplied in one (or more) pack size which is freeze dried. Therefore the contents may not be readily visible, as they can coat the bottom or walls of the vial. Please see our FAQs and information page for more details on handling.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120046 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab96379 staining MEK1 (phospho S298) in SK-N-SH cells treated with NBQX disodium salt (ab120046), by ICC/IF. Decrease in MEK1 (phospho S298) expression correlates with increased concentration of NBQX disodium salt, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 24h in media containing different concentrations of ab120046 (NBQX disodium salt) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab96379 (1/100 dilution) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120046 has been referenced in 33 publications.
- Booker SA et al. Presynaptic GABAB receptors functionally uncouple somatostatin interneurons from the active hippocampal network. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32073397
- Khan MM & Regehr WG Loss of Doc2b does not influence transmission at Purkinje cell to deep nuclei synapses under physiological conditions. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32347796
- Davenport EC et al. Autism and Schizophrenia-Associated CYFIP1 Regulates the Balance of Synaptic Excitation and Inhibition. Cell Rep 26:2037-2051.e6 (2019). PubMed: 30784587
- Cover KK et al. Activation of the Rostral Intralaminar Thalamus Drives Reinforcement through Striatal Dopamine Release. Cell Rep 26:1389-1398.e3 (2019). PubMed: 30726725
- Weyrer C et al. The Role of CaV2.1 Channel Facilitation in Synaptic Facilitation. Cell Rep 26:2289-2297.e3 (2019). PubMed: 30811980