Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP2567Y] to NCAM1
- Suitable for: WB, IP, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-NCAM1 antibody [EP2567Y]
See all NCAM1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP2567Y] to NCAM1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human NCAM1 aa 800 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: SH-SY5Y cell lysate. ICC/IF: SH-SY5Y cells. Flow Cyt: SH-SY5Y cells.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75813 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/50000 - 1/100000. Detects a band of approximately 180 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 93 kDa).|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionThis protein is a cell adhesion molecule involved in neuron-neuron adhesion, neurite fasciculation, outgrowth of neurites, etc.
Sequence similaritiesContains 2 fibronectin type-III domains.
Contains 5 Ig-like C2-type (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- antigen MSK39 identified by monoclonal antibody 5.1H11 antibody
- antigen recognized by monoclonal antibody 5.1H11 antibody
- CD56 antibody
ab75813 at 1:1000 staining NCAM1 antibody in human astrocytoma tissue by immunohistochemistry (FFPE). Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human astrocytoma tissue labeling NCAM1 with ab75813 at 1/1000 dilution followed by Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP). Positive staining on tumor cells of human astrocytoma is observed. Counter stained with hematoxylin.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Overlay histogram showing SH-SY5Y cells stained with ab75813 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/ and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab75813, 1/1000 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H&L) (ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (0.1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
ab75813 at 1/100 dilution staining NCAM in SH-SY5Y cells by Immunofluorescence.
ab75813 staining NCAM in human adipose cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.3% Triton X-100 and blocked with 10% serum for 30 minutes at room temperature. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200) for 16 hours at 4°C. A Cy3®-conjugated donkey anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal (1/800) was used as the secondary antibody.
Anti-NCAM1 antibody [EP2567Y] (ab75813) at 1/100000 dilution + SH-SY5Y cell
lysate at 10 µg
goat anti-rabbit HRP at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 93 kDa
Observed band size: 180 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab75813 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Wang L et al. A genetically defined disease model reveals that urothelial cells can initiate divergent bladder cancer phenotypes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 117:563-572 (2020). PubMed: 31871155
- Li Y et al. Cytotoxic KLRG1 expressing lymphocytes invade portal tracts in primary biliary cholangitis. J Autoimmun 103:102293 (2019). PubMed: 31255417
- Ahlfors JE et al. Examining the fundamental biology of a novel population of directly reprogrammed human neural precursor cells. Stem Cell Res Ther 10:166 (2019). PubMed: 31196173
- Theodoraki MN et al. Circulating exosomes measure responses to therapy in head and neck cancer patients treated with cetuximab, ipilimumab, and IMRT. Oncoimmunology 8:1593805 (2019). PubMed: 31143513
- Zou F et al. Engineered triple inhibitory receptor resistance improves anti-tumor CAR-T cell performance via CD56. Nat Commun 10:4109 (2019). PubMed: 31511513